or Connect

Posts by Shouldaville

Only worn once or twice. From a previous EFF round. A soft darker brown herringbone moleskin. No alterations. Tagged 36 and measures 37" waist with an inseam closer to 33". Original version where the waist can be altered. About 8.25" leg opening. Free shipping.
$115 for the pair shipped. Tagged and measure 36" waist. The Hertling khaki pair is 100% cotton. The Bespoke 607 is a very light olive chambray cotton material. Both NWOT, never worn, washed or altered. 
Tagged and measures about a 36" waist. About 7 3/4" leg opening. Never worn, washed or altered. Free shipping. 
I can appreciate both. The lighter weight of the Italian linen Rota is also very nice, but the drape and wear of the Irish is unique. 
Another Rota...another favorite. I wore the tan Irish linen for about 12 hours yesterday with minimal wrinkling. If a 52, definitely grab the last pair for $250.     
^ Fast forward a month... Ttown dominating a photography forum with the top of the line camera and a dozen lenses! 
Not the best photo, but you can see how open the lacing is on mine. Not bad, and will close some with more wear.
Thanks. From what I recall, the Carmina 9 instep is slightly lower than the Meccariello 9.5. I have a pretty high instep, but my lacing isn't as open as Swede's. I'll get a photo wearing tomorrow.     
To echo Swede66... My input on RTW sizing. I went with my 9.5E EG/G&G sizing (down .5 from 10D US) and it is perfect. There is no way I could have gone down a full size. I still have about 1/4 - 1/2" open at the top of the lacing, so the instep is not terribly high. Comfortable width and great arch support, leather & construction. Also, a winner for nicest box and bags for a $500 shoe. I would recommend the lasted shoe trees. The ones I have from Skoak that work well with...
As recommended, size up for US half sizes...44. With the flexible sole and elastic, you won't walk out of them.