or Connect

Posts by Semin Park

Any comment is highly appreciated! I would love to hear what you all think
So I was looking at people's suits and I found that some people's back look better than others... and this sounds very odd to say hah.   Have a look at these photos. They are sort of wrinkled at the back and does not really look "solid"..         Now compare the photos above to the ones below.           The back has more S-line to it, there are no wrinkles and the entire back just looks more... solid. My explanation doesn't seem very understandable...
Thanks for the advice.   With my current broke student money, I can only afford one, so I think I'm going to go for dark brown double monk strap and wear it with casual suits and chinos.   I have a couple pair of espadrilles for shorts anyway, so no problem with that.
Yeah you're right. I thought I've seen people wear shorts with monk straps and pull it off great, but now that I search again, I think I saw something else.   Then how about chino pants with monk straps? Is that okay? I think I've seen that combination often in preppy style with a blazer on top.   I think I'll search a little more on which shoe goes well with what style and come back :)
Thanks for your reply.   When I say 'suit', I'm talking about a casual look, but is that not acceptable?   http://www.maxmayo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/navy-grey-cognac-double-monks-men-style.jpg   This is kind of similar to what I'm aiming for, although I am going for a much darker monk strap as I don't want the whole attention to be on my foot...   What would then be a good shoe to buy that could pull off both a casual suit look and a real casual (shorts and...
I'm still a student, just graduated secondary school (high school) in Europe, and I am going to get a new pair of shoes.   I would like to become fashionable, but still I need to think about building my basic wardrobe, so here's the question.   I already have a pair of classic black oxford, so this time it's either going to be a dark brown penny loafer or a dark brown monk double strap. I'm thinking of getting it from Meermin.   This shoe will be worn either with a...
This question may sound absurd, but I have heard some very good comments on Meermin shoes, yet their price seem way lower than other good quality shoes... so I'm wondering how that is possible.   This is the one I'm intending to get: (http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2033)   I am by no means even close to a shoe expert, but at first glance, this shoe is calf, full grain, close channel and goodyear welted – and €160. I see similar quality shoes from different...
oh i see. I thought so too while watching the photos myself. Hmm... I got it tailored but I guess the tailor was not that good :( But at the same time, when you look at the third picture left (one where I'm just wearing the socks), it does seem the trousers are a bit high... Or is this okay? Should I get it re-tailored?
It would be highly appreciated if someone could help.. any personal opinion would help...
So here are three pictures: Left: When I pull the pants up to my hip bone Right: When I wear the trousers as I would usually wear (an inch below my hip bone)   I find it hard to make the trouser sit that up high like shown on the left side of the pictures. Even when I wear my belt, they still slide down... I thought in my right hand side photos, my trousers are too long, but after reading some articles on breaks, I guess left is around quarter break and right would be...