or Connect

Posts by leipergrey

Aren't DRs and full leather bombers taking just as long? The only products I see moving faster are ToJ02013s and MA-1s.
@Modern Man Thanks! This is the make-up I gave Kyle:   Model: Bounty Hunter Size: 9E Toe vamp leather: distressed smooth Counter leather: distressed smooth Upper (shaft) leather: distressed smooth Celastic toe box: single Height: 6" Midsole: single Heel base: lowered block heel Last: semi dress (bounty hunter) Top: cut top Hardware: all (9) antique eyes Pull loops: leather pull loops - distressed smooth Lace design: plain toe Sole: vibram 430 mini vib Sole trim: close...
I want to try out Uniqlo's jeans. Which are their best at the moment? Should I fork over for their Pure Blue Japans? Also, I am 34 waist, I should go with size 31, right? I can't return them if they don't fit.
I've been thinking about sizing up from my ordered CWU in 48-ish to a stock 50. Because I'd be able to layer more and also I think it would be easier to sell it if I wanted to. The thing is I worry about the shoulders: they're 18.6" for the sz50 and my other jackets are 17.5". Is 0.5" on each shoulder too much? I think it would for a DR but maybe for a bomber it's not so bad. What do you guys think?
Nick's has--or used to have--Mexcel leather available, but I'm pretty sure they also offer Horween's CXL now. I got a pair in Natural and I've seen pics of guys getting pairs in olive CXL, and no mention of it being a different, non-Horween version of CXL. There are different grades (is it the right word?) of CXL--e.g. the one used by Wolverine and the one used by Viberg--but I wouldn't know what grade Nick's uses. Is it better than, say, White's? Beats me.
I got a pair of Nick's a few weeks ago. I guess they're Roberts in natural CXL (lined). Here they are next to my White's BH. I wish I had either gone for a cuban heel or a lowered block heel.
How's the prototype coming, Thurston Bros? Will we get to see it in the next couple of weeks?
Leather for sure. Is the toe of your boots unstructured or single celastic? They look great.
From the DR thread:I like it! I'm also glad you went with slimmer shoulders than the Junya models.Are we still a long way off from the prototype? What leather will this jacket be? Z150?
What will be the zipper configuration for the cafe' racer? Or what Vanson model is it based on?