or Connect

Posts by Adroit

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mcfly_store/archives/50754811.html
 The Freewheelers Guthrie (thick deerskin): 
 Stronghold, in Venice, CA, has an enormous selection of Lewis jackets. The chest patch/label is a deal breaker for me.
  They have a store front in LA, a warehouse elsewhere, and sell through e-bay using several different accounts.  Some are seconds/flawed, but they disclose as such when applicable -- otherwise, they are new w/o tags.  In addition to RRL, they used to have access to Rising Sun jeans at a steep discount.  The store front has mostly mall brands.
 An 8 oz leather jacket is not "thick" . . . it is a suit of armor.  There are lighter uncorrected leathers that are much more wearable.
 "Best in their class" does not equal "best leather" as defined by the leather industry.  Thin, corrected leather is less expensive to purchase as compared to more robust, uncorrected leathers.  Thus, regardless of which is "better" than the other, the cost of materials are less for a thin, corrected leather. 
 Exactly! Moreover, the more robust (e.g., 2oz+) uncorrected leathers are more expensive to purchase, as compared to a thin, corrected leather.  
I have a pending order for a MB AMG GTS.  It will not be built for a couple of months, so I can back out without a hiccup.   Last week, I was presented the opportunity to purchase the new Acura NSX for MSRP (all dealers are asking for considerable premiums).   What do you guys think?  GTS or NSX?
^ Stellar!
ML, I would definitely choose the Vicenza over the tumbled cordovan.  The Vicenza is a great hide!