or Connect

Posts by Count de Monet

I wish I could get a short wing blucher in shell a la the C&J Marlowe.   But, of the two sorts of options mentioned, I'd be interested in:   *  a Macneil in either a smooth walnut or chili calf or in cap shell;   *  Eagle Country in either cap/brown shell or walnut calf with mini lug.  
 Indeed.  "#8 shell or mink suede loafers. Dark enough for a blazer, grays and a white shirt but also colorful enough for day; better than lace-ups for most no-tie outfits."  http://www.styleforum.net/t/338954/streamlined-shoe-wardrobe I have neither but my McGraws in truffle shell are a great substitute.  Super versatile.
I think a grenadine grossa (large weave) is slightly more versitile because the greater texture lends itself to a wider range of sport coat pairings. Both are great with suits.In fact, I think a solid navy grossa is about the most versitile tie I own.
^^^^^ Ditto, with one proviso, below.   Excellent when used for their intended purpose.  Mine are gradiated (is that a word?) a little so that I can look down and see the instrument panel without a problem, much like pilot's glasses.   They used to be made by Corning Optics in NY.  I guess sharing a name with their division making casserole dishes didn't sound sexy enough so they came up with Serengeti.  I don't know if Corning still makes them or not.  I have read...
Well, I never pulled the trigger on any MTO and now I guess I never will.  However, the knowledge that that option was available was something I liked.  And, I'd almost decided to contact them about building something on the 7 last, maybe a Macneil in a leather they don't offer.  That's toast now.   Look, it is their company to run as they want.  I'm sure they regarded the SF MTO program as a sort of "loss leader" to create buzz and attract new customers.  Conceptually,...
I second this emotion. I thought they were committed to the notion of keeping "timeless classics" in a variety of lasts. But, in relatively short order they have dropped a tan/walnut pebble grain LWB (MacNeil), snuff (or tan) unlined suede wingtip (Neumoc), and a smooth (or shell) LWB (Kenilwoeth). And do they still have a spectator?I don't get it. And having a plain shoe in white/dirty/snuff would be great improvement. I don't get the strategy.
 Let the gum harden naturally, then harden it up a little more with an ice pack (if they were your Chuck Taylor's, I'd say toss them into the freezer for an hour or so). Then, take a knife and work carefully, but not necessarily delicately, beginning on the sole.  You may need a little edge dressing when you are done. If you don't get 100% off the bottom, walk around the block and that'll take care of most of the rest. They are lovely but they are cord boots with JR...
I posed the identical question a couple of weeks ago and received no response. That, in and of itself, might answer the question: no, there is no consensus, at least none I can devine from pouring over most of the 10,000+ posts in this thread.Except, I think there is almost universal agreement that one should keep the shoes free of damaging grit with regular wiping down and brushing. Like chicken soup, it can't hurt.And no doubt you're aware that, as with calf, whatever...
I also grabbed a (flawless) pair of truffle shell McGraw from the Shoebank. It accommodates my high instep very well but it is my same size as my other AE shoes. It' and the RL branded Singleton are their only loafer that work for me.And they are looking spectacular in the sunlight.