or Connect

Posts by Count de Monet

I'm fine with a "soft glow" on my shell. Probably my glossiest pair is some (made in USA) Hanovers from the 80's. I have no idea what they put on them. Maybe that's what 30 years of brushing will get you. All I treat them with is some Bick 4 now and then but I honestly have no idea if anything is penetrating the surface. Well, I guess I gave them a little AE cordo cream about a year ago
Lighter. At least my cappuccino (or Truffle) McGraws are lighter than my brown Jeffersons. The difference isn't very apparent until you step outside. It's really a great color. Too bad AE dropped it.
 I think in the Independence Collection, the nail is brass and arrayed in a nifty pattern.  But there's an upcharge for that.
 Well, it's actually only $350 per shoe. In other news, happy for you shell Strand folks.  Seven weeks in today for the merlot EC's and still nothing.
Ok, I literally laughed out loud.
 Yes, Horween supplies both brands.  In fact, Skip Horween is on a trunk show tour with the AE CEO this week hawking shell in certain unusual colors. I have six pair of shell: two are Alden and two are AE.  In my experience, I have found no evidence that Alden's shell is "unequivocally superior."  Those four are four different colors in four different styles and I enjoy all of them.  As far as I can tell, overall build quality, comfort, and longevity of wear are all very...
There's a penny loafer joke in there somewhere.   Just make it easy on yourself and your SA and let your bank dump them into their coin sorter.  Takes seconds.
Well, I found out my merlot EC's are in the "lasting" stage. Then they'll go to "finishing." Then inspection. I'm at six weeks and counting.
Regarding the GMTO's, does anyone else get the impression the shells were moved to the head of the line?  There seem to be a lot of Townleys and Bayfields popping up relative to merlot EC's.    They also seem to be giving priority to folks who ordered multiple pairs, which I supposed is understandable.   I'm mindful they only have so many craftsmen available to work on these and somebody has to be the last person to get theirs shipped.  Whatever their system is, it...
"In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks."