or Connect

Posts by mystlawer

Thought I would share a link to a guys blog with a lot of pictures.  The link has the search built in, and has pages of results, you just have to click on the "Next Posts" to get to the other pages with matches to the search.
So I've been hunting around for some pictures of a setup I am seriously contemplating.  It would be very similar to this   Main thing is I'd go with the Standard Heel, probably lowered 1/4", but am somewhat undecided on that and would love to see shots of this layout with different soles and heels to see what looks the way I want.   I have some interest in a non-celastic toe, but have seen/found very few photos.  The same for different lasts.  I'll probably go with...
 bl@aster, how have these SDs held up?  They are beautiful and are very close to what I am ordering.  Any regrets with the choice of Chrome Excel, or the leather soles? --
Yes, my query was specific to sizing SDs with my tall/large instep and arch. I'll have to drive a bit to an auth retailer who carries SJs to see how they fit. Unfortunately they don't stock SDs but if the Smoke Jumpers fit well I'd have to go the that last.
Just rec'd an interesting email from White's about their lasts, so figured I would share it below.  I have really high arches and instep so fitting boots and dress shoes is problematic.  I queried White's about their lasts and here what they said:   -------------------------- I understand your hesitations. We generally order the boots with the standard last unless otherwise specified. The only other reason we would use a different last if it was not requested, is...
I know I asked this before, in this forum/thread, but I was hoping to get more ideas than to try a width E boot.  I haven't been able to try that, and it seems my only options are to order and return when they don't fit.  Just seems like it will take a loooooong time to get the boot dialed in.  Maybe that is what I get for not living in a large city with big ol' authorized dealers around.   --
What would folks recommend for a large/high instep?  I have a really hard time with dress shoes, or boots.  And I know the 1000 Mile may not be considered a dress boot, but my work environment is California Business Casual, so I they will fit right in.   Basically I wear 9.5 sneaker.  Any sort of dress shoe is a 10 or higher.  The fitment issue is always the tightness across the instep.  I look very silly when trying on 11s because I love the look of a boot or shoe and...
tsekh,  I have not tried E width shoes or boots.  I eventually find a pair that fits well, and they last me a few years and by the time I am looking again that model is gone so the hunt begins anew.   There is local a RW, but they only carry the work boots and shoes.  I guess I could try to find a shoe they do stock with the same last (#8 believe).  I have made a note of their other last #8 offerings and will see if the local RW has any of these in stock.   As to...
I haven't read this whole monster thread yet, but it seems to be the compendium of all things related to the 1000 mile boots.  My question is sizing related, but really specifically about whether they fit a high instep.  I didn't find anything readily apparent in the forums with a few searches... so here goes.   My question is specifically about the 1000 mile oxford shoes as well as the RW Beckmans.  No stores carry either of them so I am limited to buying online and...