or Connect

Posts by fiddlestyx

Felt like a nice fall day today so I broke out the Long Branches for the season. Did a lot of working around town today for work and it didn't take long to remember how comfortable they were.
I got my Academy's the other day ... Is it just me and my OCD, but is there something off on the quarter of the right shoe? (Sorry, ignore the socks and leg hair) On another note, got my standard TTS 7E and while walking around the house they fit was great. The Natty color looks great with jeans and my olive chinos.
The socks are actually relatively thin, not much thicker than regular dress socks.
During the last clearance sale I picked up a pair of Odenwalds and Hagerstown but am on the fence about keeping the Hagerstown. I typicall wear a 7E but got them in 7 since they aren't made in wide and am concerned they might be a bit tight, specially around the picky toe and instep. Any thoughts on whether I should return them or wether they will stretch out over time.
    I appreciate the input. I tried wearing them around the house last night but couldn't stop noticing the misaligned eyelet so I don't think I could keep them, even as seconds. If the misaligned eyelet was higher up the boot, it'd probably be another story. This is my 5th AE shoe but the first one with any sort of issue, so I guess that's not terrible. I'll have to swing by the store today or tomorrow.
I figured as much, but was in denial since I didn't want to wait for another pair to be made. I don't think I could get over the eyelets not lining up, especially on the right boot even if they were seconds. 
I just received the golden brown long branches that I ordered during the RDA. I put them on and am thinking I have to take them back. I don't have experience purchasing boots, but it definitely looks like the first eyelets don't line up, especially the right boot. (please excuse the wool socks and bare leg)   If you received these as firsts, would you keep them?      
Good to know. Any idea if they are only temporarily off the site or if they are plans for them to be discontinued soon? I am looking to make these my next purchase, but was hoping to wait a bit since buying a pair of Long Branch's during RDA. 
Does anyone know if the Odenwald was discontinued? It was on the site last Friday, but it is no longer listed.  I tried a google search for the boot, but the link is gives a "page not found."
I was ready to make the Kenilworth my next purchase and by the time I decided to pull the trigger they were gone. Definitely disappointed. I've always thought there was something off about the the look of the Jodox and couldn't put my finger on it - I like your description, I think it sums it up. Hopefully they bring back a sleek looking derby, along the lines of the Kenilworth.