or Connect

Posts by h4id

I got this pair of SDA lightweight jeans from tate+yoko (the only store with my size still) about a month ago. It's an incredible pair of jeans with tons of character and I want to give the model some exposure. The basics: Tagged W32", 11oz, mid rise, right hand twill, unsanforized, one wash, indigo rope dyed, pigskin patch, bar tacked back pockets (no rear pocket rivets) Fit Pics [1] Detail Shots! [2] These are very much jeans for the summer; the weave is malleable and...
Inside out to prevent any dye from coming off where there is abrasion. Wearing them to soak is probably not necessary unless you bought them skin tight and want to prevent them from shrinking (in which case you need to size up). I would warm soak at the start to make sure the jeans get cleaner and the inseam and other parts shrink enough. They might be a little tight for a few days but will stretch out again. If you do a cold soak initially, wear them, and ever do a warm...
Anybody have some recommendations for a quality pair of summer-weight indigo (10-13oz, maybe loose 14oz) denim? I've been trying to research this myself but everything great doesn't have my size!    I'm looking for a classic cut, more straight or relaxed than slim. My current jeans (samurai s5000vx 21oz) are too tight in the top block since I didn't measure myself and sized down too much (waist stretched fine but at the level of top fly button it's restrictive). For...
Thanks for this tip! I have been looking for a quality lower cost belt to go with my black cherry red wing's and jeans and the 1.5inch burgundy belts are perfect. Gonna be rocking those boots so hard soon
I just got my first pair of Beckman's in the Black Cherry yesterday and I'm loving the look of them. I'm a totally newbie to this kind of boot so I've gone through most of the thread looking for care tips and admiring people's beautifully worn in pairs. I've got a few questions now, though.   The lady at the store suggested I get the RW leather conditioner. I haven't used it yet but I read a post from a while back saying that venetian shoe cream is a better option...
~posted in wrong thread, please delete post~
Yeah, a good hemming would definitely help. I'm still hoping to have some stacks at the bottom afterwards so how many inches should I take off? My inseam for chinos is 30 and the n&f jeans are 34. 
I've had this pair for 2 months and they are really comfortable now but I'm really conscious of how there's a weird shelf under the knees when I stand. Anybody know what the deal is with that or how I can get rid of it (taper/hem/etc)?
I was bored last night and decided to take some before/after pictures from applying mink oil. I worked in layer on each boot, then popped them in a warm oven as it cooled down to speed up absorbing the oil.  This is a new pair of CDBs in beeswax that I got from amazon. Wore them once before using the mink oil.   Left shoe has mink oil, right shoe is clean       Both shoes have mink oil, the leather was nice and soft at this point     Out of...
I've had a pair of sued desert boots for a while and just got the beeswax CDB last week. I can already tell the beeswax will be used 80% more than the suede shoes. I like the way the smooth leather will age and show different tones in it. The smooth leather is also way more durable and you can treat/condition it with beeswax or mink oil. No more concerns about rain or stepping in things; the most you will need for cleaning is a damp cloth or a brush.