or Connect

Posts by Chuckie Egg

I recently bought a Coach wallet in fawn tan leather. I like it a lot and the ID holder can be taken out separately as a card wallet I also recommend Jekyll&Hyde wallets - the designs and leather quality are excellent.
Thank you Munky Just an update - I emailed Loake customer service asking for advice about removing the ink and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply from Mr Andrew Loake himself, explaining that he has numbers written on his own shoes too, and apologising that there isn't any way to remove the ink but it was the first time anyone had raised it as an issue He sounds like a very nice man who obviously takes a personal interest in customer care. I've now bought a second...
Went in there today to look for Saphir cream as they advertise it on their website. Asked the guy there if they had any shoe cream and was told (rather dismissively) "no we don't do anything like that here, go back outside along the road there is a cobbler (does he mean Timpsons?), he might be better able to help you". Ok so either their website is lying, or I got the distinct impression he thought I wasn't good enough and couldn't afford anything in his posh shoe shop. I...
Thank you Munky. I wonder if scribbling on the shoe is a way of marking the number of times the shoes have been repaired? But I shall live with it as you advise and try not to be OCD
Just had a pair of Loakes returned from factory refurbishment. They've written the work reference number in biro ink on the leather underside of the facing. Is this normal practice? I know it's out of sight but I'm not sure I appreciate it - it feels like graffiti. Is it safe to use something such as Stain Devils to remove the ink? I know they need to identify the pair in the factory but they could have used a peel-able sticker. :-/
My alligator leather strap^ is supplied by Camille Fournet. (They supply oem to some brands). It does not state the material on the lining, only embossed "Camille Fournet Paris".
I've actually had my foot measured on a brannock so I know what it should be. I'll give your calculator a go to see if it matches up.
Thanks Alan, it's a really informative and useful site. Haven't finished reading it all yet! I do think Loake 1880 are underrated and I think they are hard to beat for quality to price ratio. I wear my Loake Edward more than any other shoes. It's so comfy and the tan burnishes really nicely.
Thanks for your excellent site, it is very readable and informative. Bookmarked
I wear this one daily for its comfort and versatility, usually on its alligator deployant bandback on its half-moon links bracelet for the 8th... well, because it's just gone half-moon today