or Connect

Posts by eviltimeban

You know, I don't disagree with you. I've always struggled with this tie to be honest; something about the shade of brown and how the pink detail sits in it. Alone the pieces are fine but together, as you say, there's something about it, which I didn't really notice until after I put it on. I think a plain brown tie might have worked best here. Thanks for the comment.
Suitsupply Doppelganger Zegna
    Suitsupply Gieves & Hawkes Pal Zileri
    Sorry for the green:   Suitsupply Washington suit Savoy Taylor's Guild shirt Pal Zileri tie Magnanni shoes
  Brooks Bros tie (thrifted, for €1) Suitsupply Washington grey herringbone suit TM Lewin shirt & PS
It definitely looks better after tailoring, but I fear the shoulders may be a bit too big. You could always get a lapel hole put in, but I'm not sure about the ventless part. That would be weird.
First shot ended up very grainy - was dark and trying to adjust the light setting. iPhones...      
Proper shot for once.       Polo RL M&S Louis Copeland TM Lewin
First time out with a pin collar shirt, and I love it!     Gloomy morning lower decks shot:
Thanks Mr D. I actually purposely went with a smaller, thinner tie to make it fit within those collars. The lapels are so wide anyway that even a thicker tie would be too small! Hear you about the cuffs, however it was a reasonably informal evening (the dress code was "smart" - most of the men were in suits though) so I figured I'd tone it down slightly and go with the round cuffs. Plus, that was the only shirt I had to hand with collars like that!