or Connect

Posts by coldsalmon

I haven't shopped for shirts in several months, but the slimmest ones that I have personally found are the "super fitted" shirts from T. M. Lewin. They are the only shirts I've bought that are too slim for me. Out of the "usual suspects" I have tried CT, TM Lewin, Brooks Brothers, and Proper Cloth. Of course Proper Cloth is MTM so you should be able to get them as slim as you like; my PC shirt fits me very well. I think J. Crew also makes extra-small shirts that are very...
I just ordered a couple of their knit ties, and I'm pleasantly surprised. This is my first successful foray into knits; I've bought some $10 silk knits from Century 21 before, but they ended up going right to Goodwill without being worn. I'm actually excited to wear these.     Also, I should mention that I once had to return two ties to TieRoom because of small defects. Their customer service was excellent and prompt. They exchanged one tie for a different model...
I'm going on vacation to Paris for one week, leaving tomorrow. My wardrobe is mostly CBD, so I see this as an opportunity to try out some more casual looks on the classic menswear spectrum. I don't have much in this vein, but I'm trying to put something together based around the linen/wool jacket below.   Silk knit tie:   Wool knit tie:     These trousers are cheap and cotton. I figured they might be better than wool for travelling, but after scrutinizing...
I have 6 pairs of shoes (not counting sneakers, running shoes, hiking boots, etc.):   Black captoe oxfords - for CBD Black punch-cap oxfords - for when I wore my other black shoes yesterday, or when my outfit doesn't suit brown shoes Dark-brown adelaide oxfords - my favorite shoes which go with almost everything in CM Light-brown wingtip oxfords with rubber soles - for when I wore my other brown shoes yesterday, or for bad weather Other black captoe oxfords with...
I have been gone from this forum for about a year, and holy *#$% you guys have stepped up your game! Gone are the days when I could hope to be "not last" in the Friday Challenge! Thanks again for all of the inspiration for me and my tiny closet.   I don't have any tweed for this week's Challenge, but I wore my closest-to-tweed today:  
My, it's been a while for me! I put on some of my old favorites today, so I thought I'd pop back in and see what's up. Nice to see all you gents still looking as good as ever.   Jacket: Suitsupply Lazio Shirt: CEGO Tie: Brooks Brothers Trousers: Epaulet Walt
I saw this and it reminded me of the "125K pull ups in 2015" thread: Do one push up on January 1st, and do one additional push up every day of the year thereafter, until you do 365 push ups on December 31st. We're now on day 43, so it's a great time to begin with 43 push ups today.   I am currently doing sets of 26 push ups, and have done 3 sets so far today, so that's 78 push ups today. I guess if you are hardcore, you can try to do all of the push ups in one set, so...
52,050 + 54 = 52,104
47516 + 37 = 47553
45,685 + 28 = 45,713