or Connect

Posts by super1flavor

Price drop to $295.00.
Posted on Ebay and will consider all reasonable offers and will ship to most locations. They are gorgeous shoes and I am only selling since I have other pairs currently being used. I can, of course, offer a better deal to the members here without paying Ebay's fees.    Marked size 8.5D   These fit true to size and would fit very well for your standard size 8 shoe wearer also. I wear both 8 and 8.5 pending...
Thanks, for the response. I'm going to respectfully disagree with you despite your positive result. My post was mainly intended to dissuade others from spending $250-$350 on a pair of "cotton" pants with the intent to "let-out" and being disappointed. Its funny, because the tailor actually said as much also, that I probably would have had better luck if it were the $19.00 gap khakis, which are similar to the JCrew's you probably have.    I agree, it's absolutely...
I know there have been many separate threads on this exact topic -- Derby vs. Oxford and I personally don't own a single pair of derbies. They are overall just a very odd shoe style. For a "casual" setting, I'll just wear my chelsea or ryder boots. I'm actually partial to wingtip oxfords and dark denim with a navy sport coat once in a while. I just never once found that right spot for a derby shoe. Interestingly, every time I do see a derby in action, it's generally on...
I'm also not a fan of derbies in general, but more importantly, I recently saved myself a lot money passing on a pair of marked down Bally's. I was surprised to find limited information or reviews on the net when I considered buying them. They were the "scribe" line and look quite attractive in the photos. I had been running a few errands in midtown and all my years, I had forgotten that there was a Bally store down the street from Barney's. I stopped in and they had...
This is a MUST bump thread. The information on Styleforum has been extremely valuable, literally, when altering clothing, but I think someone needs to explicitly say "don't do it" pertaining to this topic.   "Taking in vs Letting out" pants, especially anything non wool, such as cotton for example, should never be "let-out" in the waist under any circumstances. I'll save everyone the money and say, don't do it, despite the recommendation of a few on here, that it's ok....
I am selling an incredibly stunning pair of boots. I purchased these special order two months ago from the Church's location on Madison Ave. It is a sold out color which is "Sigar." The size is UK 7.5 (or "75" on these) and an "F" fitting. They are that perfect shade of medium brown. They also feature the dainite sole. If you call the shop, or for that matter, log on to their site, you can't get these. Not in this color. The boots will ship in the original box with two...
Thank you very much for the feedback and for the link. It certainly puts things in perspective a little better. I do however, have two things I need to say in response. This is the 2nd time in the last couple weeks that you've responded to my posts challenging the "mental" aspect of things and I don't know what that is about. I'll admit my chukka boot post last time didn't use the best choice of wording. Wouldn't you know, after that post, I went out and purchased, guess...
Thanks. Seems like we're 0-2 on the flapped patch pocket style. Good feedback.
Exactly the type of response I was looking for. It's just one opinion, but points out a few things I did not consider and this I feel, is the value of this conversation. I see a lot of overcoats online right now and I poured over the Satorialist photos ans elsewhere and I'm really hung up on what to purchase. I'm leaning towards a Cantarelli coat at Bergdorf with with 2 straight flap pockets and a second smaller "ticket" pocket on the right side.