or Connect

Posts by super1flavor

This is precisely the time when a 25% off to 30% off code works best. I have a few t-shirts in the $60-$70 range that I will gladly pick up in the $40's. This is that moment when Yoox can likely move a lot of inventory and I am figuring a code is imminent. Plus my superstar status has been basically useless since it was handed out over a month ago. I thought that was intended for one off promotions not available to all, etc. Strange. 
This is going to be a major conundrum moving forward. The massive positive about going to Wilfred, was Wilfred and his accountability. No tailor ever made me feel as comfortable as Wilfred did. His crew messes things up just like every other crew in NYC. Wilfred had an extremely watchful eye on what else was being done at the shop. More than anything though, Wilfred would do it as many times as needed to get it right. I had a few items done after Wilfred past, and the...
Try dark grey suede. Black is inherently more dressy than any other color. I share your interest in finding that perfect casual evening shoe. I have a pair of very dark grey Church's Ryder desert boots. They work well for the night. The problem I always seem to run into with black is the shine. Like many people, I tend to be somewhat obsessive compulsive about marks, dirt, etc, so if I am wearing black, they need to be spotless, which is why I don't wear them at all....
Correct. It was a stroke. It happened seemingly overnight. He was ill for a few days, went to the hospital and a couple days later, I went in to pick up a jacket and he passed.    I agree, this is an emergency since many of us need to find a dependable tailor in NYC. As someone else previously said, the most important thing about Wilfred was his demeanor. After 10 years of having clothing tailored, he was really the only guy that seemed to get it and more than anything,...
And they are cutting off taking in new orders in a week or two. Sounds like they will be shut down for several months.
Wilfred has past away. Wow. Very shocking.
This is one of those fascinating topics filed way into the recesses of Styleforum, that is so useful, yet really solves nothing.    In any event, I've been torn on something and just can't seem to find a suitable solution.    Removing dress pants from the equation; anything with a pressed crease down the front, is pretty easy to care for, since I fold on the crease.    My issue has been chino types; cotton 5 pocket pants, jeans, mostly the casual 100% cotton type of...
Yep. It's very bad. I'm not going to say what though. He is a great guy. As a professional too, he was by far, the best tailor I had been introduced too. It's too bad it took me so many years while screwing around with all the other yahoos. 
It's very sad to hear, but Wilfred has become very ill. I'll leave it at that, but doesn't sound good. He had become the most dependable tailor I went to in recent years. It's actually somewhat scary. I might stop buying clothes all together for a while. Had too many other tailors fuck up too good of items. That or I just have every single thing bespoke from here on out..Ugh..