or Connect

Posts by super1flavor

Yoox code: 15% off all items ONEDAY for today only.    Pulled trigger on two items. Contemplated waiting another week or so, considering Memorial Day and likely further drops, but 15% is pretty solid on a couple items already 30% off. I mean it seems 50% is the next stop anyway.    As for the above comments on Nike, etc, I never even consider buying American branded items from Yoox. I've noticed in the past that certain items, like J Brand denim, which I wear, will be...
May not be the right thread, but a vital conversation for us guys. It goes all the way down to the root of our buying habits and with the market being flooded with inventory, we (or I) may have to change that. As you stated, it used to be, buy, don't like, sell on Ebay; often in 15-20 days. I would just write off the lost funds to finding something else on sale. These days, I am not so sure. In fact, it seems those crazy strange items you see on TheCorner, (all black...
All good and accurate points. 

I've come close on a couple items and I did buy a Zanone polo like that, since it was the last one, but I have a few things that appear to have multiples, so I am waiting it out. 
I don't know about Ebay that much anymore either. I purchase a Tumi briefcase 50% off and it was such a gem of a find. I lucked out since the seller seemed to have something off on the listing as it was only coming up in one particular search and not via the conventional wording, etc. Had been on site 2 months and I grabbed it. Point being, I've only sold 1 or 2 things on Ebay this year and it's just slowed to a snails pace. I don't how many people are really buying from...
SF-approved?   You meant STYLEFORUM. Disregard. 
In fact, there is a new promotion "create your look" 25% off, which appears to be automatically deducted in your shopping cart. It applies to almost nothing I have in my dream box, though. I was really hoping the last sale was the last of the bunch and there would be drops. 
I don't know if the Yoox and Mr. Porter merger is a such a great thing for those who are heavy users on Yoox. One, they have opposing business models, so overall, I don't see this working. Two, I've bought from Mr. Porter and outside of a terrific website (it's visual appealing) much of the product is actually not that appealing nor is their customer service very good, frankly. I go to Mr. Porter for ideas and Yoox to buy. Maybe they are on to that. I see Incotex trousers...
Thanks again ArnoBuyens for adding to the topic.    And wouldn't you know, I just opened up the RE section of the NY Times online and there was an image of a fellow in a sweater and grey wool pants with no crease and the guy doesn't look slovenly at all.    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/08/realestate/construction-defects-follow-a-brooklyn-building-boom.html?hpw&rref=realestate&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region®ion=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0