or Connect

Posts by super1flavor

I hadn't considered him. I am willing to pay a premium price if the quality of work is good. I have a Cucinelli coat that I just purchased and it needs the sleeves shorten (fortunately in this case, can be done from the cuff) so this is about as standard as standard tailoring can be, however I absolutely refuse to accept anything less than perfect this time. Shit, I'd just rather just fold the sleeves back 1 inch and walk around like a dope instead if it means that I am...
I have to caution others on here to carefully consider Alexis custom tailor. He was someone I previously used and mainly based on the recommendations on here (another style forum mistake on my part - really people, seriously, when you recommend someone or something, please know what you're talking about) and the results were terrible. I had similar results to others on the previous page -- I took a navy hopsack kiton/piombo blazer to him to have the sleeves shortened. I...
Thanks for continuing this discussion. Regardless of the difference in opinions, this is a very important thread worthy of much debate and I'm surprised it didn't stick around longer after it was initially posted. 
I appreciate the response regardless, but there is much to debate and or disagree with. Starting with shoes, I've found there is no less flexible shoe in a wardrobe more than a derby. I recently acquired a very high end derby myself and I hated them. They were too bulbous and just looked terrible with anything other than jeans. They were the five hole type, so they aired on a more casual side. Very Cucinelli and with that, when I purchased them, was expected a good result....
I'm resurrecting this older discussion. As someone who has grappled with this very issue for an extended period of time, I have unequivocally determined that odd trousers and sport coat are the wrong way to go. While just doing a search, I came across this thread and I was taken back by the poll results. 2/3 favor odd trousers and jacket.    I suppose much of this has to do with body type; height, build, etc. Especially your environment. I'm in NYC and 5'9" and fit at...
One thing that has always bugged me about Yoox is not having a filter for 2 button or 3 button sport coats. I've had to go through pages of 3 button jackets just to view a dozen or so 2 button jackets.  As for other sites, I disagree. Yeah, Yoox is pretty bare bones, but at least they have some info. Barney's Warehouse online is terrible and take Gilt for example; I never buy from them. I have purchase 3 items total from that site over the last 2 years and all three...
True, however I do believe that Yoox will adopt the Barney's Warehouse style policy soon. I could see Yoox moving toward final sale items at any price and doing flash sales of 40% or 50% off. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Yoox test this method soon instead of doing their incremental drops with additional percentage off. Yoox could utilize their "superstar" status for qualified buyers (long time spenders, etc) and instead of giving those individuals a little...
That seems like an unsustainable solution and if there were ever grounds to have the aforementioned "ban" I would say this qualifies for that. 
Agreed. Even for items under $100 I almost always regret buying final sale items. I just checked Caruso items for example, and none seem to be listed as "final sale" so I would be interested to know if there is a pattern beginning with specific items/brands/designers on Yoox. I could see more of this happening with Yoox over the next year. In fact, I've been surprised they haven't instituted this policy more often on heavily discounted items. I know their sample sale...
I am noticing something as of this morning that seems to be very different for Yoox. I have a couple Z Zegna suits in my dreambox -- a couple at full price and another discounted from the original Yoox price that all state:   "SALE OF THIS MERCHANDISE IS FINAL. YOOX offers no refunds, credits or exchanges for this item."   I am unsure if this is an error in Yoox's system (I haven't called them) or if they are going a new route with some items. In fact, I just did a...