or Connect

Posts by Sam3L

Since he is in NYC, I must recommend Suit Supply. Fully canvassed suits made of good quality 100% wool (and most importantly, slim fitting) can be had for $399-$699. One of the best values out there, I just wish there were one near me.
I used to think not, and also that a tie on such a shirt (ESPECIALLY WITH a suit!) was absolutely unacceptable. But there are certain settings that it is acceptable. Case in point: legislators in Washington DC. 1/3 of them have, for some reason, button down shirts with their suits! I don't understand it, but it's absolutely acceptable in that context. Watch a few episodes of Meet the Press, or other interviews.   On a similar note, look how many [god-awful] 4-in-hand...
Better! Get the sleeves evened up and shortened (given the lines on the bricks at the shoulders and cuff, they look off), get the sides taken in on the jacket, and either lengthen the paints a bit on the hem or have these particular pants sit lower on the waist (they're a bit high on the foot). Maybe get the trousers taken in a bit. I personally like a slimmer fit on the jacket (including the full sleeves), but this is definitely better! Have fun at the event!  
Keep them! I wear my McTavish in grey or brown much more than I ever though I would. You'll want a casual shoe for gatherings where formal attire is not optimal, but moderately casual attire with those brown McTavish is the perfect mix. You'll be the best dressed without looking like you're trying too hard.   I wear my McTavish's with chinos all the time, but with a blazer I tend to go with a more conservative shoe (like the 5th or Park Avenue).   To your...
I wouldn't unless I knew I was already going to be overdressed compared to others, which is rare at a common wedding but possible.  How I usually think: "Is a man who I could (realistically) potentially work with/for going to be there, and is he going to raise an eyebrow at this? Is a woman I'm potentially going to be with or am already with going to raise an eyebrow to this?" If yes to either of these, I go more conservative. If no, I wear whatever the item in question...
What's the event? Black is more conservative, so you'll be less flashy (if that's what you're going for). Black wingtips are next. Dark brown, burgundy, chili, etc would be next on the conservative scale. Walnut looks amazing with a navy suit but they'll stand out like crazy, so they're not appropriate in many business professional settings. For casual settings, I wear navy suede Allen Edmond Spiaggia and change the laces depending on how casual.  I always thought dark...
  I agree, the shirt cuff looks low, and thus the 36S would be the best fit given higher shirt cuffs. It also seems that 36S fits best around the shoulders and torso, especially for use as a causal jacket.
I'm no expert but I think the pants could definitely be hemmed a couple of inches so you don't have that bunching at the foot, and maybe slimmed a bit or tapered. Also your next suit should have less shoulder construction for as skinny as you are, but there's not much a normal tailor can do about that on this suit. Overall I think you'll look fine!
That Fitz looks 100x better, especially in the shoulder, arm, and back. Not sure if it can be fixed since it's probably a product of internal construction and not just the cut.
Lol this has to be a troll, because a normal person would ask the damn tailor...