or Connect

Posts by ScottMC

I have a shoe shine Sunday question: I was trying to get some shine on the toes of my grain boots, I think I over did the wax polish and actually lost some of the shine on the left boot. What can I do? Does the wax just need to dry longer? I'd like them to look like this:
Christmas price drop to $379, limited time event.
Christmas price drop to $379, limited time event.
Correct. The Flatiron shop to be exact. These were on sale for 50% off plus an additional 30% for spend more save more. C&J Shell boots for $349.
@JeffArmoury Can you provide any details about the Uetam Penny with shorter vamp?
Early Christmas Present
There was a hot tip in this thread that there were a couple pairs of these hanging around NYC for 50% off. Then there was a 'Spend More Save More' event with 30% off purchases over $300. There you have it.  Correct. These originally came on Dainite: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Cordovan-Boots/621H,default,pd.html, but there was a batch that incorrectly came with double leather soles (which I prefer).
^ It depends what your drop is.   If you're just after a jacket, maybe you could get away with nipping the waist on something that fits in the shoulders and chest. For a suit, if the chest/shoulders fit then the waist on both the jacket and pants will be too large, but by how much? If it's too much to take in and still look good, I would suggest MTM.
This is why I love these Brooks Brothers holiday sales
I recently acquired the Peal and Co. Cordovan Boot, which as you can see is the identical model only in Cordovan. They are definitely C&J. Made on the 240 last which is apparently a custom last for Brooks Brothers. The 240 fits almost identically to the 325, in my opinion. Very well made and comfortable out of the box. I'm sure you will enjoy them.