or Connect

Posts by Yosarian77

Strips rule.
Hi folks. I am interested in buying some cutaway collar shirts. I haven't seen too many of them in the US, and wanted to know if anybody had any idea where I might be able to purchase some? I live in Atlanta (not NY), so department stores will likely be my option. I don't mind going the RTW route and could consider a MTM option as well. Also, any internet sites you all know about? I don't want to order from Pink, though I know they're an option. I would like to spend...
Quote: The pen belongs in the interior suit pocket, not the shirt pocket. I don't wear my suit jacket when I'm attending meetings in my own office. Perhaps I should find another job that doesn't require the use of a pen so that I can foresake these shirts with the breast pocket, eh? But good gosh if I don't like my job. So I'm in quite the quandry.
Quote: but who wears shirts with pocket with a suit...?) I wear shirts with pockets and suits all the time. Why? Because I wear a suit at work and often have meetings throughout the day. I like to put a pen in there if I'm jetting over to a conference room, etc. for a meeting. I lose way too many pens if I don't. But back to Facconable. I like the colors, etc. but could never stomach wearing a shirt with the "Facconable" label on the front.
It's a lot easier to get the dimple with a half Windsor, I have found. It's pretty hard to get a dimple with a four in hand knot. To get a dimple with a 4-in-hand, you have to make the knot entirely too tight, which looks silly, in my opinion. Try a half-windsor and a bet you'll get the dimple pretty easily.
Quote: Future co-workers (though more senior and much more wealthy) wear Kiton and Brioni, etc. Dare I ask what job you are taking where the senior folks are wearing Kiton and Brioni? Hmmm.
Quote: Having a CFA is equivilent to having an MBA I hear though, correct?  Best of luck with that. Not really. Two entirely different things, actually. The CFA is specialized, and usually only for folks in the financial services industry (obviously). CFA's are generally security analysts, portfolio managers and or/asset managers, and/or investment managers. You have to pass the standardized CFA exam to get the charter. I also think you have to have...
Quote: Having a CFA is equivilent to having an MBA I hear though, correct?  Best of luck with that. Not really. Two entirely different things, actually. The CFA is specialized, and usually only for folks in the financial services industry (obviously). CFA's are generally security analysts, portfolio managers and or/asset managers, and/or investment managers. You have to pass the standardized CFA exam to get the charter. I also think you have to have...
I started learning more fashion as a natural extension to learning more about art and design, I suppose. BA from Emory University MBA from Duke University.
I started learning more fashion as a natural extension to learning more about art and design, I suppose. BA from Emory University MBA from Duke University.