or Connect

Posts by BARNFARM

Yeah, it's definitely on the upper side if I were to cross my legs. Right now it's not just the blemish, it's also the smear from whatever polish they used to cover it up. I'm wondering if a layer of my own polish all over the shoe would do a little better job of covering it up. But I also don't know if I should hang on to them long enough to find out. I think I may call back and see if there's still anything in that size. Thanks.
Got this pair of black Park Aves from the Seconds Sale today. Anyone think I oughta send these back? It's not all that noticeable and I could probably live with it, but I'm not sure if whatever they did to cover up that apparent split in the leather will end up rubbing off later and expose it. Thoughts?
I got the 40% card in the mail today, which is April 1 when the envelope says "Postmaster: Please deliver on 3/27/2014 - 3/31/2014", but stuff happens with the mail. I get it. What really sucks is that last Friday, 3/28, I bought an 1818 Fitzgerald suit during the preferred customer event and only got the 15% discount. Had I known this coupon was already in the mail, or had it been delivered to me on 3/27 or on 3/28 before I went down to the BB store, I would've held off...
I got this pair of Beckmans about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and probably around Christmas I noticed what looked like a little scuff on the upper part of the toe of the left boot. I'm not sure how it got there, but it seems to have spread. Here it is from farther away (sorry about the glare, couldn't seem to get a shot without it): And here it is a little bit closer. It doesn't really look like a typical scuff. It almost looks like something's eating away at the leather: It's...
I suppose that's a bit more reassuring, then. There just weren't two creases on the top part of the original pair that met at one point and ran down the outer part of the shoe together. But if it doesn't look terribly unusual, then I guess there's nothing to worry about. I did get fitted at a factory store over the weekend to see what size Daltons I should wear, and the associate who helped me there suggested a 10.5E vs the 10E I have for my Park and Fifth Aves. They're...
I bought a pair of Park Aves back in February of this year. After about two months of wear, the leather on the inside part of the heel on both shoes started to split. I went back to the store where I bought them and they had a new pair sent to me, which was great. That was back in June/July. But after maybe a month or two wearing the newer pair I started to notice that the creasing was a little more extreme or pronounced than it was on the original...
Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.
Ugh. I was really hoping I wouldn't get this as an answer. I wonder if I should try to return them and see if Nordstrom's liberal return policy holds up or if it's worth seeing if maybe some inserts would work. At least I got them for $200, but that's still a pretty big lump to take.
I bought a pair of Beckmans during the Nordstrom semi annual sale last summer, and I've only really started wearing them once or twice a week since fall started, but I've noticed when I walk for a while that the outer part of the ball of my right foot kind of hurts. Is this just part of the break-in adjustment where it'll eventually conform more to my foot? They're size 10.5, and there's a decent amount of room at the end of the toe box, so I'm wondering if maybe they're...
 Thinking of picking up a pair of RL Saunders some time soon and saw this post from a few weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone can confirm whether the Saunders is actually a 5-last or if it's something different. My Park and Fifth Aves are both 10E, so I'm wondering if I should just plan on going with the same size for the Saunders