or Connect

Posts by dunivan

Hey all, Received this jacket as a gift, not a fan of tan sports coats. I have a very new (no tags, never worn) 38R Baroni Tan Sport's Coat.    Measurements are as follows:  Chest - 42" Waist - 40.5" Shoulder to Shoulder - 18" Length of Jacket - 31.25" Arm - 24.5"   Asking 200 with free shipping (in US) or best offer. Will ship internationally for cost.   Pictures aren't that great, I only had my phone. Feel free to PM with any questions.   Edit: Price...
Master - images are in the link, It's a white label though. Measurements are not the issue it's the look that I'm torn on. Thanks for the feedback
Hey all,    Negotiating a used suit purchase - measurements fit me exactly (which is rare) but I am really torn on some details which makes me not really want to go higher than I am. It's ventless - i've done searches and it looks like its not as trendy to wear but passable.   Looking for some feedback as to the longevity of the fabric for non-casual wear, it looks purple in the pics but its advertised as...
blacklapel.com has similar pricing to indochino.   I have had success letting pants out. I also own two JAB suits that are pretty decent (traveller tailored) - may be a cheap alternative if you need suits now. They had a in-house tailor that was able to make the let out pants look natural.   Hope it helps.
How well do BL suits wear in terms of quality - if I were to get one, would i have to replace every year?
General tailor question - I have a 44 R or S (no label) Hickey suit, I got it from my dad, and the pattern is pretty trad (gray), I am a 40S, I am wondering if a tailor can bring the jacket in that much. Generally, I read that 1 size is about max - so a 42, if the same applies to the pans that puts me at a 42/36 - which is too big.    Since this thread has the collective tailor power of a cottage industry, I'm hoping i can get a realistic idea of what can be done...
+1
thanks archibald and to all others for the insight.    is there an area of dress that the newer folks to it kind of miss or don't think of? for me I think its shoes, but I don't really consider ties/belts that much. Any insight on that?
Ok, I think I got it.   First things first - I am going to a tailor on saturday to alter a suit I bought online so I will get him to take all my measurements.   I am going to try a Modern Tailor shirt, to see the quality and hopefully get a feel for "proper fit" - all my clothing now is OTR, but the JAB suits were measured and seem to fit really well.   I think my next suit will be my "upgraded suit" as archibald suggested - depending on how my MTM experience...
love the suit, will watch this.