or Connect

Posts by Indyoshi68

That's the problem, though, rostov...You had to receive it to believe it. I backed out because of all the issues with EC makeups (that were clearly never ironed out - no pun intended), and the tremendous delay in getting BOTH pair of GMTO EC's that I wasn't on the fence about (and both turned out to be seconds, after extended delays).  Now...I would take a First Ave remake in a heartbeat, but I'd also be sitting on them for 5 months before even being able to wear. It's...
Doesn't MATTER if the process is called for Kahuna... whenever it happens - called for or not - reno, conditioner, polish, lex cleaner and wax will ALL ruin your pristine bourbon burnish and eliminate any depth that was there previously. The black just...goes away. I agree that a better finishing process needs to be used on AE's bourbon selections, and dye would be the answer (museum calf finish does not disappear because its a PERMANENT, dyed finish.) As GMTO is...
Those things are really glowing, pep. Did you do anything to them (polish, condition...buff...brush)? Color is awesome. Checking out the indentation on the right boot below the cap, though...how do they fit?
I see you taped off part of the Magnannis but ended up with a uniform color. Were you originally planning a 2-tone finish? I'm also curious as to how you got from the 'streaky' finish in the intermediate photo to the more uniform appearance on the finished product. I'm currently working on antiquing a couple pairs of shoes and smoothing out dye lines is my biggest challenge. I started with finishing a belt blank (photo below) to practice but found that leather 'works' much...
My pleasure, Buster Brown... My plan is to go from buying shoes to customizing shoes to making shoes (in some form), so I've been scouring the net for better than a year to figure out what works best. @DWFII is clearly the man when it comes to this stuff, and he provides the most in depth explanation (with visual aids most times) to help folks along in understanding the art of refinishing, maintaining and making shoes. I saw the post on the iron - don't have that tool - so...
I appreciate the appreciation Gabru! It was a simultaneus labor of love and leap of faith. Glad I didn't blow it!
Wow... Get out of my head! I'm trying to build up the courage to do my #8 shell Daltons. Thank you for the kind words, Burzan; good luck with your project... The Patriot should be really nice with lighter edge. Looking forward to that post!
I will post this in other threads, but I thought I'd share the results of my sole recoloring project that I've been contemplating recently - and has been getting some attention here in the AE thread.  This is something I want to do to several pairs of shoes. I was especially concerned about trying with suede shoes (AE for RL Slaton) since I couldn't comfortably TAPE off the uppers... The sole edges of these were not black, but were dressed unevenly - looked kinda...
Happy Walnut Wednesday everyone!
'Perspective' is really something. The one I visit is immaculately maintained, has a full selection of business wear, luggage, accessories... Looks no different than when walking into Macy's. But I'm sure visiting two same-chain stores managed by two different folks in two drastically different communities would find major differences, both aesthetically and products offered. Did you decontaminate/sterilize yourself once you made it out of there, Neo1?