or Connect

Posts by Scrumhalf

Cracked triple digits for weighted dips today.. +100lbs on the dip belt for a single. It was a struggle but I did make it all the way to lockout. +bodyweight is the goal - 40lbs to go for that..
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm Scrum, I need to buy the dip belt that you use cause I know you're relatively small / slim. The one I have just hangs off me, no way to keep it on. Any old belt will do. My gym has 2 or 3 of them - I just pick whichever one is free. As CG indicates, just cinch it all the way and most important, run the chain through the ring on the other side of the belt. That will keep the belt cinched when you hang the...
Yeah, if you can do 7 or 8 pullups, it's time to load up the dip belt. I hit my first goal of 2011 a couple of weeks ago - 6 strict form dead hang pullups with a 45lb plate on a dip belt.
I agree with obesity, but why does the "standard American diet" lead to malnutrition?
Quote: Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo If I drop down my waist just a tad bit, my lats might come out a bit more. For now, more lat pulls and wide grip pull ups I am not sure wide grip is necessarily better - reduces ROM too much. Just go medium grip, a bit wider than shoulder width and focus on driving your elbows downwards, so pulling with lats and not arms as much as possible, and going down to dead hang.
Speaking of squats, after watching this video, I think I'll slink off to my corner and cry myself to sleep IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant but that may be my 45 years talking. This. As entertaining as it is to read about mrchariybrown's throw-caution-to-the-winds refeeds, it is best for us old farts to keep things clean. Things are different on the far side of 40. The mind may be willing but the body often begs to differ.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant UD 2.0 continues... carb-up day and keeping it mostly clean (except for the giant stack of PWO pancakes this morning ) 8 cups of rice here I come... Ah... the memories. UD2.0 carb days were epic.
Cool messages on leg workouts, guys. I guess there's no love here for leg extensions..
How many times a week do you guys do legs? Once? Twice? Also, what does a typical leg workout look like? What other exercises do you do? Hammy curls? Lunges? Extensions? Do any of them benefit your squatting?