or Connect

Posts by Scrumhalf

5'6", 138lbs. Just benched 245lbs the other day and threw up 3 bench press reps with 90lb dumbbells. Going heavy really does a number on my 45 year old joints though.. going to back off to the 75 and 80lb dumbbells and increase the reps. Much easier on the joints that way...
Gift certificate to an online athletic gear store is going to be a winning proposition. Easy to do over the web.
Use dumbbells. But be careful. DBs are a double edged sword. On the one hand, they are harder to stabilize and do which is why 2XDB is usually less than BP weight, and that's good because it develops the muscles that stabilize the weight as well. But you can also hurt yourself with dumbbells, especially if you can't safely finish the exercise. After you do your set, can you safely get the DBs back to your thighs and sit up without screwing up your back? Or can you...
Yeah, it was brutal. But my sig sums up my mental approach when I did UD2.0 as a vegetarian.
Yeah, give it a shot. If you are already under 10, it should get you in the 7-8% range with no problems. You'll be totally ripped... Can you describe your modified RFL if you don't mind? As a vegetarian, it is a struggle for me to do any of these diets, since there is no vegetarian equivalent to chicken that has high protein and essentially zero carbs. But I did manage UD2.0 on protein shakes and TVP.... bleh...
UD2.0 was great. Very effective at getting me from about 13-14% to probably a shade under 10%. I did 2 rounds of about 6 weeks each. It is a hard diet to follow but very very effective. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are under 15% or so. If you are higher, try RFL. It is apparently very effective as well but I don't have first hand knowledge of it, just what is posted by others on Lyle's forum.Plus, Lyle's UD2.0 book is very good with lots of information on how...
Good shit if you are on a low carb diet. I used to eat a lot of it when I was doing UD2.0. It tastes like whatever it is cooked in, but the texture was like rubber.
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty Done with strength/hypertrophy training for a bit...gettin a little too beefy for my frame, especially in the leg area. Gonna focus on athleticism a bit more and maybe do a slight cut; I downloaded enter the kb and infinite intensity. Not sure which will be better for my goals. Any suggestions? Infinite intensity kicks ass. There are endless ideas you can derive from the book. The GPP protocols...
If I was independently wealthy (which is the closest approximation to your current status that I can think of), the last thing I would consider is spending all day in the gym. Get a mountain bike and explore every trail within a couple of hours driving distance. Get a backpack and go on day hikes. You'll get plenty fit walking a few miles a day. Yes, you can spend an hour in the gym lifting weights, but doing cardio in the gym? That's for people with no time, not...
All pulling motion exercises should be fine. I would be careful with push exercises. They always end up involving the shoulder girdle and depending on how bad your shoulder is, you may want to be a bit careful. And of course legs.