or Connect

Posts by Bargs

Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius69 Is it remotely possible that the seller is unaware that they are fakes? Possibly - Only if the guy had NEVER set eyes on a genuine Zegna article. I've purchased enough Zegna in their stores to quickly see something was off.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy I hate fakes. I believe the socially responsible thing to do is ask for your money back and report them to EBay and leave feedback warning others. If you don't, the seller will just continue to get away with this behavior. I smell what you're smokin' - don't know if this one's worth the effort...
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda I'd say instead of buying fake Zegnas or fake Burberrys or fake anything -- just go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx and get a no-name necktie for the same price ($15-$20) that is proudly made in China (or Italy) to pretty decent specifications. They now have 7-fold made-in-China ties for $20-$25 at those types of stores, and while they're a little bit "flat" -- they're still a decent value for the money if you're not...
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda Can you share the eBay links to these auctions? (You can tell a lot from the seller -- feedback history, location, length of time registered, etc.) FWIW, here's a picture of a real Zegna label: [IMG]Brave Soldier Code Blue Aftershave Gel[/IMG] And yours: On yours the labels look crooked, and it says "Style Italy" instead of "Made in Italy" -- and are those Chinese characters next to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by contactme_11 I'd say the one on the left is real, the one on the right looks questionable. For $30 I'd say they were worth it even if they are knockoffs. My guess is the opposite, but I'm with you being worth it at this point - Thanks...
Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius69 Positive feedback of course! Indubitably....
Quote: Originally Posted by celery Meh, you got two ties for $30. Not too shabby really. They most likely are knock offs but are you against wearing them for the sake of authenticity? All I'm saying is, if you like the ties, just wear them and simply don't buy from that buyer again. Otherwise, you can email the seller and call him out on it and ask for a refund and send the ties back. Thanks all for the quick replies - I'm pretty...
Gentlemen, I just received these two ties from an auction I recently won. At first glance they didn't look half bad - considering the $30 or so I paid total for both. On closer inspection of the labels and construction, it's obvious that these are knockoffs. I haven't contacted the seller yet, or eBay for that matter - wanted to get some opinions from some of you confirming my thoughts on the authenticity, or lack thereof, and anyone's experience reporting fake...
Sorry guys - Chest measures 24" across, pit to pit lying flat, sleeve measures 36.5" from center back to end of sleeve, and 26" from edge of shoulder to end of sleeve. Let me know if anyone needs any other measurements or photos.
Thanks Crooow, More pics and measurements to come.