or Connect

Posts by Bargs

Anyone have a Bluefly discount code - my last one just expired a few days ago - Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by rjmaiorano The pair on the right are identical to a pair of Ferragamo's I have from their pretty junky studio line. Although you can see the stitching and nicer leather too, I am surprised they would make Tramezza's that replicate one of their lower shoes. Also, if you are looking for a good step up from basic AE's I think their 7 line would be a good option to start, although my money would be with Tramezza's or...
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda Ah, not trying to rain on your parade my friend. However the red flags are flying at full mast -- to wit: 1) numerous (in this case, more than twenty) famous-brand items all from the same alleged manufacturer, 2) no country of origin on ties, 3) no content tag (doesn't say 100% silk), 4) ties appear shiny in pictures, 5) only reference doubted authenticity of ties, 6) eBay auctions cancelled by eBay, etc....
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda Did you get it at a Burberry outlet? Full retail - South Coast Plaza Boutique, Costa Mesa, CA
Quote: Originally Posted by shoe i understand all the comments and reasonings. can someone just simply take a picture of the back of one of the ties and show here please? Couldn't help but notice all the back and forth on this one - have my own tie authenticity thing going right now (see my posts from Wednesday) Here's a photo of a Burberry I purchased a few seasons back at one of their stores - the labels may have changed a bit, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by babygreenspots Since there are so many fakes selling on ebay now - fakes masquerading as the real thing - maybe you should be allowed to sell fakes if you admit that they are fake. Or could there be a market just for fakes? On the other hand, it's slightly annoying that some seller from the US would be punished for unknowingly selling fakes when there are hundreds of fake items being sold from China (and the US and Canada) in...
Quote: Originally Posted by nsoltz Brian, I PM'ed you with the info. I also think, and no doubt there are others here who concur, that you should post a link to the eBay seller. It will be a great service to all. Ned Ned - Got your PM, thanks so much! Links already up on previous page - Enjoy! Bargs
I'll give you $250.
Quote: Originally Posted by airportlobby After seeing Bargs' photos of the obviously fake ties and then reading that seller's many pleased feedback comments, I'm left feeling depressed about the number of idiots out there and also pessimistic about the probable outcome of the 2008 elections. Hey guys, let's all vote for a real live 'niter, not one uh them deviders! My original thought for this posting was something along the lines of Ties as...
Quote: Originally Posted by nsoltz I concur. Ties are fake. If you want to PM me, I will give you the email of Zegna's intellectual property attorney. I imagine that he does not want to have it posted in a public forum. My recommendation would be to find a way to send the ties to Zegna for authentication and then see if they wish to bring postal fraud charges. If a counterfeit item was sent via USPS, there is postal fraud involved. He could also get the...