or Connect

Posts by aragon765

I already mentioned it in WAYWT thread.. but this suit is incredible. I love the fit of the suit, and how it vastly outshines all of the misfit suits I see around (including my own). Something to aspire to, indeed.
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC Get some MTM shirts too. Would a better fitting shirt (the shirt I am wearing in the pic is very bulky (loose fitting) in the body and sleeves) help with the fit of the suit? My tailor has promised to take in the shirts that I purchased, as it seems it was an oversight not to take them in when they were initially purchased.
Quote: Originally Posted by penguin vic While the body seems a bit big, the skirt seems quite snug on your hips? Could just be the photos. If you haven't worn this suit yet I'd wait a few wearings before deciding whether to take the trousers up. why is that? Do you like the length as is? I have always had issues with short sleeves and short pant legs (I always thought "floods" were bad...), and I think I possibly did too good of a job...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Overall, nice suit and good 1st effort. Some specific comments: (1) Your shirt sleeves are too long and so is the jacket sleeves. (2) As you mentioned, you might want to hem the pants a bit. (3) There is excess material in the upper part of the jacket under the collar as it appears there is bunching of material in the 3rd pic. (4) The body of the jacket appears big. For being only 165lbs., the jacket makes you...
Hi all, I have been enjoying reading and learning from these forums for a couple of months now. The time has come to post a couple of pictures and see if I can get some recommendations on fit/style moving forward. I am 28, tall and slim (6'4" and +/- 165), a 2nd year law student needing to get a couple more suits before the summer and my first law firm work experience (quite conservative firm, from what I can gather). I have purchased two suits already: one MTM and...
Quote: Originally Posted by aragon765 Does anyone know how 'imperfect' an AE 'slightly imperfect' shoe is? Are they talking a smudge on the sole, or a incorrectly tanned upper? In an ideal world, they would post what the imperfection is... To answer my own question (there was a FAQ on the site...) AE says: "Slightly imperfect refers to the fact that these are Allen-Edmonds factory seconds. Each shoe listed as slightly imperfect will have...
Does anyone know how 'imperfect' an AE 'slightly imperfect' shoe is? Are they talking a smudge on the sole, or a incorrectly tanned upper? In an ideal world, they would post what the imperfection is...
Vote +1