or Connect

Posts by bhoves

I don't know if my finds or my fits are to the level of the others posting here, but, I'll give it a go: (sorry about the colour in the first one, taken early before I went to work. There wasn't any time to try for more.)         Details: Suit - Rembrandt (made in New Zealand) - $20aud - Thrifted. It's spring here and this suit just shouted spring to me when I saw it. Shirt - MJ Bale - Heavy Discount Tie - Berg & Berg Pocket Square - no brand - thrifted for...
 Thanks for the quick response! I'll talk to my alterationist and see what she says.
I tried a suit on last week that I quite like. It was dark gray, notched lapels and with a double breasted waistcoat, also with notched lapels. The Issue is the waist coat is too long and the buttoning point seems a bit low. Can a waistcoat be raised so the that the buttoning point is higher?
I feel a little ashamed to be posting this after the amazing hauls of ChetB yesterday… Anyway, today was my first proper thrift outing. I visited 6 shops and passed on a tonne of stuff, mostly because I’m still new to this and was unsure about a few things. There were two I thought were good pick-ups. One was a suit from Fletcher Jones (Australian maker, mostly just an online shop now), it was blue with a pinstripe, with quite heavy wool, and it was well make and fully...
This haul has so much I would want if I had more occasion to wear a jacket or full suit, left in the spoilers above are my favorites. Well done!
    Hoping not to derail the thread to much, but, when I first started lurking Dig had just started posting in WAYWRN. I was always surprise how well Dig took on the advice and criticism (not always constructive) and how quickly his style developed.  I have a 'style file' where I have a collection of fits that I like from forum members and Dig has a good number of fits in there.   So a big congrats to Dig from here too, not just for the dressing better thing, but for...
Thanks for the advice and tips. I visited a few more shops yesterday, unfortunately for me I live in a rather tacky part of Australia (the city I live in tries to be the Aussie version of both LA and Las Vegas), needless to say polyester suits were abundant. I don't think I'll find too much BB or suits from london here, but, worth trying I guess.   I did see two jackets from local (closed down) Australian tailors. Both looked too small for me, but, is it worth picking...
Hey guys. New to the whole thrifting thing. In fact, so new that I had my first visit to a thrift store this morning. My partner and I were there to donate a few clothes, and I thought I'd check out the suits while I was there. I got myself a light grey 100% NZ new wool suit that fits well in the shoulders for the jacket and waist for the pants all for $20aud. It looks like it's never been worn. I'm going to get it altered and wear it as my spring racing...
Thanks for the advice. I have an appointment with my tailor wednesday week, I'll go through the fabrics they have and ask to see buff and dove against the one I go with.
I guess that's true, was just trying to get some extra milage out of the suit. Anyway, I was hoping to get a similar shade to spoo's 3 piece I posted a bit up. Guess you'd call it dark grey.