or Connect

Posts by AgeofTheGeek

I think you made a fine choice for your suit, assuming you still have it. At this point of your career, with your current wardrobe, opting for a HB suit over a BB suit or vice versa really isn't a big deal. You're not shopping at Macy's anymore which is a big step up. Focus on getting the suit tailored, fitted, and make sure you like the style. Work on getting some shirts - brooks brothers is a great option for a good price - and perhaps even some new shoes, and I'm sure...
Honestly, I'd go with either MW or Nordstrom Rack. Especially considering the Brooks Brother Sale has run dry and you're reluctant to purchase online. I understand the reluctance. A suit is sort of a thing you have to get in store if it's your first one.    HB = Hugo Boss. They're fused, but IMO a big step up from Banana Republic, JCrew (despite the canvasing), and anything you can get at Macy's, if only for the more personalized shopping and tailoring experience. The...
How do you guys approach purchasing classic, no design, no frills, no anything white dress shirts? And how many do you own?   I (naively, perhaps) always purchase cheaper, lower quality ones. Maybe it's my younger age and willingness to give into trends more so than others, but for some reason I can't get myself to spend 200+ on simple white dress shirts. Any other color/design/style I have no problem, even its just a basic blue. But I have this psychological barrier...
Im confused. Do you want to buy a full suit or a matching jacket and pants? The two pairs of pants line confuse me.    Anyway:   $500 is tough, especially considering the fact that you're a lawyer. Lawyers must not make what they used to if the budget is 500 . Just a joke..kind of.    If you're willing to spend $800 on two suits, or whatever weird combination of pants and jackets you described, I'd suggest purchasing 1 higher quality suit instead. I think the...
 I'm shocked you stand by your opinion   While I don't really understand how your opinion would possibly change after visiting the store, since you seemed to be a MW aficionado to begin with, I do congratulate you for taking the time out of an otherwise lovely sounding evening with your girlfriend to prove a point to anonymous people on the internet. You're as good with the women as you are with suits I see. 
Buying an H&M suit for business and being concerned about too narrow of a pant opening is a little...ironic.
Thought it would be fun to compare some of the more common men's fashion brands to cars. It would be a little humorous and will shed some insight on brand perception. Please provide explanations as well! Cluster brands, do them individually, only do a few, add brands as well! I know some of these aren't technically "brands", but whatever.   Brands Banana Republic Hugo Boss Ike Behar Talbott Brooks Brothers (any of their lines) Brioni John...
Well, you said you'll be wearing the suit every day. I'd say most people that buy their suits from Macy's, from their various brands, don't wear those suits every day. Chances are they are interview/presentation/special occasion suits. And that's fine; not everyone has the disposable income to drop 1000 - 2000 on a suit they're only going to wear two or three times year. And even if they do, I'm sure that money could be better spent elsewhere.  But taking into...
Another note: I do agree with the people who suggested either saving your money to buy a higher quality suit, or taking the financial hit and spending $1000 or so on a suit. This might seem contradictory to what I previously mentioned, but there's a difference between being how a suit looks on you and how long that suit will look the way it does on you. Before making the jump to buying AE shoes, I almost religiously bought Cole Haan. Why? Because they were normally 150-200...
David Beckham andDavid Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo both have worn Hugo Boss suits, and I'd say both are considered some of the most fashionable/desirable/successful/chic men on the planet. (And blah blah, "style is different than fashion". I get it, no need for the SF chorus to remind me) Just because they aren't in the same class of quality as their price tag suggests, nor are they are constructed as well as SF members would like, does not make them a bad purchase if...