or Connect

Posts by Spirit of 89

Just throwing this out there in case anyone happens to be in the market for a new pair of boots. Several pages back I asked if anyone has had any dealings with William Lennon boot company. Buttons was the only one who replied saying that he had heard that the quality was very solid. I just got my pair of these in the mail today: http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/d106-safety-boots.html And although I'm no boot expert (haven't worn a DM style boot in quite a...
Thanks for the input on my color schemes question Royton. Since most of the pics from the original days are b/w I've been curious. Not so much as a way to gauge my own styling but just in general. I tend to favor comfort/versatility/practicality over the 'details'...so I'll probably be a 'scruffy cunt' til I'm old and grey As to the girl in the pic Knightley....I have to agree with EK about that particular photo. I don't know if its the lighting/angle of the photo but it...
Much thanks Basset
Love it.
Thanks for the glasses link GsVs. Those aren't too crazy priced. I may just look around on amazon or something for a real cheap pair to start to see if they suit me. I usually get my cheapie aviators online for $8 a 3/pack
Thanks MoM. Ray Bans aren't insanely priced but at around $100 (give or take)...still way more than I'll pay for sunglasses. I lose em too often. I'll stick with my cheapy roundish lenses for now til I can find something suitable.
On to another question that has been touched on but not really in depth from what I can remember of this thread: color schemes. What looked good together and what wouldn't you pair? Specific colors of specific clothes has been mentioned (jungle greens, stone Sta-prest, brown/ox blood/black boots) ....but I'd like to hear more of how an outfit was put together if it pleases all. For example...if you wore let's say black boots with a pair of stone Sta-Prest...were there...
Thanks for indulging If history serves....'modern' tattooing has been around since the 1890s so a 90+ year old nowdays with one or two though rare, isn't unheard of. My grandfather is 95 (and still with us) and although he's not tattooed I'm sure a few of his era were.
If I can speak out of turn...there really is no significance to 90% of tattoos....now or then. At that time it was often whatever the particular artist had available. There were very few 'flash sheets' ( the stuff you pick off of the wall nowdays) as all the designs in those days were drawn and painted by the proprietor of the shop. You got what they had to offer...and that was it (a system I wouldn't mind returning to). There were very few 'custom' tattoos in the early...
Thanks for the contribution Brownie. I think I recall you mentioning the crosses a while back. That's not unusual though at all nowdays either. I get all kinds of wannabe thugs that get cross tattoos as though somehow getting them will 'set them right with the Lord' or negate the fact that most of them are drug dealers and low-life criminals. In keeping with the skinhead theme I figured I'd post a couple skinhead themed tattoos I've done over the last couple years: Not...