or Connect

Posts by 4characters

Oops… looks like I just outed myself as a motorcycle enthusiast… I definitely hear you about what Gustin is doing for American denim. A similar point is painfully driven home to me today as my favorite American boot manufacturer just got sold to large Japanese corporation that sells Nikes in Indonesia… I feel crushed as this a huge loss for this country. San Francisco being denim city just sits right in the stomach.
In Japan copying something is viewed as honoring it, not knocking it off. The quality of the Japanese “repros” are often much better than the originals… This is especially the case with Iron Heart which has reached legendary status for its quality standards...
For my really nice denim I soak them in the tub with Dr. Bronner’s magic soap and hang them dry.
 I thought I’d be a loyal White's boots customer for life…. But now…. 
Quote: Gustin is as good as or better than Naked & Famous in terms of denim quality and I think a bit better in terms of construction. If your question is will Gustin jeans be able to fade as good as or better than Naked & Famous jeans… Than the answer is most certainly: yes Can it be compared to Iron Heart though? No, not realy...Nice IH J BTW….
^ Another reason for long staple cotton and heavy fabric, they last long enough to get nice fades. Also as Oldguy alludes too, it’s better to initially soak or wash raw denim to get out the starch/take out the shrinkage/bed in the cotton fibers; the combination of these factors usually makes jeans last longer. Common sense and hygiene is also a factor… when your jeans get dirty, wash or soak them, but if they don’t get dirty, do whatever you prefer… Nice fades usually just...
This is pretty much the only relatively high contrasting fades I could find… Here: https://www.weargustin.com/store/559   With time more fade images will crop up especially now that Gustin is releasing denims such as: cone Pima fire, 23, 26, Zimbabwe, Natural indigo dyed models, etc…
No fade pictures yet, people who ordered them just received them not too long ago…
RohitSingh--- I’d say if they re-release the Zimbabwe (which is 15oz) you’d be more than pleased with those as they use the same quality of denim as the best of the Japanese companies...
I know… I know… http://www.pinterest.com/BrianTruong/my-resole-work/