or Connect

Posts by jarlean

Those pictures make me go "damn my thighs ARE huge" haha.
 I agree with what others have said.  The fit looks really wonky for you, probably because your thighs aren't big enough to fill it out.
Hey guys, just a quick fit question.  I've got a pair of the WG Dirty Fade's in a 29, and I'm looking at potentially picking up a pair of the Unbranded Tapers http://blueowl.us/product/unbranded-tapered-leg-145oz-selvedge-in-indigo-model-ub201/# in a 32.  I wanted to go up a little bit in sizing because while the 29s fit, they're a bit snug throughout, primarily in the thighs.  My TTS is around 32.5", so since the WGs fit a bit snug, I figured I'd try slightly larger with...
 They'll fit basically perfectly, if 30 is your true waist size, imo.  if that's what you wear in Levis/whatever, they'll probably still fit well.  I'm around a 31-32 TTS and used to wear a 30-32 in Levis and I got the Dirty Fade WG in a 29.  They're finally starting to break in and they're pretty baller, almost perfect fit. How many buttons can't you button?  When I first got mine, I couldn't even button the top two buttons.  The waist has probably stretched 2 inches or...
Thanks for the advice!  Are there any Pendleton flannels that are tapered/cut slimmer than normal flannel shirts?  I've looked through most of their catalog but it appears as though the only tapered shirt on there is a snap-button front, which, ugh.   The United Stock one might almost be *too* slim-fitting.  Trying to find a happy medium, where I may be able to wear a thin base-layer underneath if I need to, but if I don't I don't want it billowing like a damn sail!
I think it may be a moot point for me - I was comparing measurements on BlueOwl, and it appears that the thigh is actually smaller on the Slim Guy's than on the Weird Guys - and the only part of the Weird Guys that is a little snug is the thighs, haha.  DAMN YOU BIKER THIGHS.   Does anyone know of a similar cut/style that has measurements similar to the Weird Guys, just with slightly bigger thighs?  I realize that they're already the "big thigh" version, hah.   It's...
It's definitely too long to wear untucked, imo.  If a shirt hangs down below your ass, I think that's the line...   As for wearing it tucked in - it's got a bad billowing effect in that last picture, and looks overall frumpy in general from the other frontal picture from how much fabric there is.  I think if you took it to a tailor and got the sides tapered it may help out, but not sure what the end result would look like.
 I'm super interested in seeing this as well because, like I said previously, looking to get a pair of jeans that is just a bit roomier than my current WG's, but not super baggy like the old Slim Guy's were.
Yeah I'm definitely happy with the waist on the 29 WGs, it's stretched out a bit since I purchased it (where I couldn't even button them up) and it fits basically like a dream now.  The thighs are the only issue, and that's because I'm a cyclist, so...big ol' thighs.   I figured just sizing up in the WG wouldn't get me much.  I'm assuming I should probably stick with a 29 for the Slim Guys, but I'll have to look at the measurements...
I've been looking into expanding my flannel wardrobe, and I noticed this website in an Outside magazine: http://www.twalker.com/shop   I did a search but didn't see anything on these shirts, and they seem to have come into production relatively recently within the past year or so.  Has anyone worn/seen/tried on any of their flannel shirts?  If so, what did you think of the quality/construction?   Alternatively, are there any other flannel shirts I should be looking at...