or Connect

Posts by Clouseau

^ I don't think it's a hat, rather a flat cap jammed on his head. You can see the peak's popper undone.  I recently posted some old DM/Air Wair ads (late 60s) that showed some 7 eyelets boots. Apparently at the time they didn't all have an Air Wair tag. So your boots could be quite old indeed, but you could still find 7 eyelets steel toed one in the early 80s. I know as i had bought a pair in oxblood in an UK country shop (the leather was very thick), where by the way they...
This other link worked for me...http://ffilms.org/london-the-modern-babylon-2012/ Julien Temple's punk approach (fast editing, overuse of music, social conscience, etc) is a bit tiring sometimes, but some great footage especially in the beginning.The subject is as much Contemporary British Society as London i think. 
Lots of interesting posts recently.I'm interested in the 'micro wardrobe' concept, as i'm in a minimalist approach about dressing. I try to keep the look in a subtle manner, and i usually dress more casual than formal.Less is more...Your list is really epurate, and there is no sign of outerwear, knitwear, practical clothes and shoes. So apart from that i will only add a few items.   For me - that's only my point of view - to succeed with a 'micro wardrobe' you have to get...
They look a bit like DM soles. Curious about them...
Yes, and a lot they took from here ! A good collection nevertheless. Pequod already provided the link. This pic comes from brieul. I'm wondering what are the soles of these boots (not the Monkey boots on the top left, or the one on the bottom, the other ones), does some of you remember them ? What type of boot ? I had already noticed these soles on the boots of one of the lads in the BBC Man alive documentary.
I'd prefer to call 'Minets' the Mod's cousins than 'mod à la Française'. They had their particularities. 'Minet' style was under English influence (among others : French, American, Italian) as Mods had, at least at the start, continental influences. Bunting were apparently quality shoes, made in England and sold in Paris and London. A model from the 50s.
I was indeed Tom !I don't know why, i thought it was older than that, surely i mixed up the reggae records... 
I remember a famous picture (i think we had it here) of a 60s skinhead kid in a cow-boy attire...And there is the late 70s Sham 69 album 'Hersham boys' cover...Remember the Hippies from the Manson family ? On another subject, not to divert this forum too much i posted some 'new' material on the Minets on The look goes on thread, where it's maybe more appropriate.For those of you who may be...
Just red about a conference called 'Subculture international: the global circulation of style', that was held in University West London last june. This is the presentation of :   Arrondissements and Arrow Shirts: 1960s Paris and the Minets. Peter Hughes Jachimiak (University of South Wales).   This paper is concerned with the Minets, who – according to Farid Chenoune’s A History of Men’s Fashion (1993) – were ‘Mods á la francaise’. The earliest stirrings of the Minet...
In the Samuel Fuller's pulp novel, it's because the hippies refuse to fight because of their Peace & Love philosophy. But 'funny' enough, it's the hippy leader, high on drugs, who stab to death the 'Angels' leader at the end of the book...