or Connect

Posts by Clouseau

You may be right about that Browniecj, the sources are contradictory, some says late 60s, others early to mid 80s...
I think Levi was the first to introduce a denim jacket, that appeared on their catalogue as early as 1905 but probably existed before. But this jacket, with a single pocket and a back buckle (later called the levi's 506) was nothing like their trucker jacket, who was influenced by the Lee 101J (most commonly called "Rider jacket") who appeared in the early 30s, long before the Levi's 557XX "trucker" (1962) . The first Wrangler denim jacket appeared in 1948. The Levi's...
Just a word to say the discussion started by Roytonboy is very interesting, gave a boost to the thread, as did the numerous replies by the members. I'm not sure we had all those suedeheads pictures. Sorry if we had, but they are anyway a good illustration of the recent talk...
 Supposed 1970. No idea of copyright.
...The smooth life...
Looks late 70s-early 80s to me. 
In "Music maker" , July 1970. Nothing new in the text, but i had never seen the first picture. They describe the skinheads combat uniform for week-end aggro in Brighton or Southend as follow : security boots, blue-jean or white-jean, red braces and T-shirt. And otherwise they are said to wear clothes by Burton's...    BTW we know now for sure that the pic of the lad in sheepskin is from the "first wave".
A while back, Browniecj posted a link to a video about Dr martens history, and said the DM shoes he had in 1970 (close to the ones on this first pic) had a shallower shape than the recent models.     I just bought the new 4 eyelets "Smiths" DMs, said to be based on an early 70s model,  & part of the "Archive collection" : "the last shape is shallower and the sole colour has also been altered to match the older shade. Laces are flat and cotton, exact copies of the...
Still a nice look... If you avoid thicker cord and leather patches !   Not surprised with the schoolteacher reference , but i doubt they wore them with jeans at the time...
In fact, when you said "jacket in foreground" i thought of the jackets in the back (French, and Inspecteur, am i not). I just checked the meaning of "foreground"... So when i spoke of my recollections of Wrangler cord jackets, i didn't mean a cord jacket wit a denim jacket cut. It's true it's difficult to see on this picture if the jackets three of the lads in the back are wearing are cord or not. But anyway Wrangler made one with that traditional shape (and big lapels)...