or Connect

Posts by ironclad

I love my new(er) black ptbs. Great shoe. I've also got a pair of black wing tip boots and black cap toe boots. The wing tip boots are regularly complimented. But I'm telling you that you'd love a pair of black cap toe boots...
Gentlemen,   My line of work is fairly unconventional. But today it allowed me to introduce one iconic American creation, the Alden Indy boot, to another iconic American creation, the Civil War ironclad USS Monitor's revolving gun turret.       They enjoyed each other's company.
 Repp, those are completely amazing. And you are killing it with that combo. Those pics compel me to purchase those models. I first started out buying boots left and right. Now I'm refining a bit, 10 years later...  I recently purchased a pair of 9901, and now I'm keen on the model you are wearing and the idea of a black straight tip version is spot on. Fortunately my wife is a proponent of this idea. But for the record, I'm still a shell boot junkie.
Somebody on this forum may be willing to sell you their pair of ravello daytrippers if you honor your asking price in your signture...
Been a few months since these babies stepped outside. Perfect day for it.
Bravo, gentlemen. Bravo.
Freaking gorgeous.
Woah, very cool. I would've jumped on that too!Here's the TSM calfskin version:http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-5-eyelet-plain-toe-commando-sole-boot-barrie-last-black-trapper/pvc-ald-mxsbc-d4820hc_ald_m_5_eyelet_plain_toe_commando_sole_boot_barrie_last.html
Dropped by TSM today on the way back home from vacation on Cape Cod. Walked in with the intention of buying a pair of 9901s and I did. Then I spotted something pretty unique on display: Black calfskin plain toe boot, antique edge, commando sole, brass eyelets (and speed hooks), 270 welt (just like the Indy boot), Barrie last. Looked pretty kick ass and fit like a champ so I bought a pair of those as well. I know there is probably a 90/10 split on the inappropriateness of...
Wear 'em around the house!P.S. Hope your son feels better soon.