or Connect

Posts by losrockets

I've had the issue, to a lesser extent, with cheap cotton-linen blends (another relatively textured fabric) and again, a lesser/nearly nonexistent degree with any worsted wools. I try to wear my pants no more than once a week, but because I'm a medical student I do a lot of walking, which I imagine hastens the wear process. Not really other cloths (eg. cotton). It's been more prominent on a pair of Brooks Brothers flannel trousers (Made in Canada IIRC) I recently thrifted...
@PCK1 Do you think so? I mean this as a sincere question as I'd really prefer this to NOT be an issue. I don't have huge hulking quads but they're pretty large/muscular and well, I'm not a 22 year old girl with thigh gap, so unless I hit the hip abductor/adductor hard at the gym I'm not sure how a custom pair of trousers will remedy this. As I mentioned, I've noticed this is an issue predominantly with the woolen flannels because they wear fastest. Perhaps a higher rise...
I wear out pants like a motherfucker. Guess it's my thighs. There are a lot of jokes here but seriously.  If it's got something remotely resembling a woolen flannel texture it's gonna start to pill, even my Barbera and Corneliani (for PRL) trousers. I've started wearing braces w/ the PRL trousers (also double forward pleated with a very high rise, like 12" because they're OTR, I'd prefer maybe 10.5-11 but whatever, when I can afford Luxire I'll request it) and maybe...
Better proportions on most SuSu jackets than the typical Ludlow. Also Ludlow seem to only work for rail thin sorts, if you work out a lot or aren't in great shape SuSu works better.
Honestly this is really hard to do. "Quality" is rare because women's clothing is so different from menswear in terms of purchasing cycles and the importance/influence of trends.  For the low-mid range budget, my medical school class is preparing for residency interviews this fall and most of the women will end up buying their suits, shirts/fancy silk shells and tops from Express, Victoria's Secret, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Dillards, etc (so average mall-store brands,...
Medium.
Would love it if you could re-run the worsted mid-gray flannel from last year. Woolens are nice but wear out easily and keeping some staples on hand is always nice. What I'd really love to find is a pair of odd navy wool trousers, probably a herringbone or donegal tweed of some sort. I don't have navy trousers because they look like suit separates, but I think in the right fabric it can look appropriate. Anybody seen something similar from Epaulet?   Cavalry twills are...
^Y'all really do. I'm excited for sleeve length options later this year and can't wait for my order to come in. Been longingly gazing at the ultra-high res zoom of the hopsack jacket texture for many days now.
Measurements: (Always cold wash, air dry) Garrison chambray: 33.5 Montgomery stripe: 33.5, maybe a hair less Navy check I can no longer find online: 34 Washed once Ecru shirt: 34   New, unwashed, unworn Wicklow: 34.5 (http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/2564_solid_light_blue_wicklow)   I don't know how I managed to wear the Garrison today, I think I was repeatedly tugging at my sleeves. =\ Anyhow these are just one guy's experiences and may not be...
I'll measure for you when I get home, and will try to keep a spreadsheet with the shirts I have only washed once or not worn yet of washes and shrinkage since you mentioned yall would like some more feedback.