or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Anybody know how much these boots would be shipped to the US, including taxes, custom fees, and anything else?  Waiting on delivery on #8 Cordovan Perf-Toe Alden blucher boots in the Barrie last (from J. Crew) but damn these look even better (and sleeker).  I think the Aldens are ~$420 with all discounts applied.  Never worn Meermin before so I have no idea of my sizing on the Hiro but I'm really tempted by this MTO. If y'all were in my place which would you go for (I...
For a casual or non-work/strictly-fun jacket I wouldn't mind the lining at all, but I would mind the jorts stitched on to the front.
Ugh. Now I'm debating whether or not I should get the MacNeils in Burgundy cordovan over the Patriots. I have a pair of brown penny loafers (RL Innswood) and a pair of walnut longwings (RL Sandersons, though they're a bit big) and my dress ranges from jeans/khakis in class to wool/linen trousers when I'm in the hospital (I'm in my mid-20s and attend grad school in TX).  Thoughts on which would be more versatile? I think they both look gorgeous. My big issue with the...
Well, I actually just made this choice, and went with burgundy shell. I think I may go with brown in calf though (liked what I saw yesterday in store of these).  Also, this happens to be my first shell purchase (grabbed the 9.5D Patriot seconds in Burgundy this afternoon) so I'm super excited.  I think that the depth of color you can develop with the burgundy shell over time will make them look phenomenal (that's not to say anything bad about the brown shell, I think I've...
^^ I actually have the exact same question on almost the same exact items. I live in Houston, which is warm and humid almost year-round so the "obvious" answer would be tropical wool but I've no experience w/ HY and I am looking for a pair or two of trousers that would be up to the "abuse" of a hospital (in other words nothing too precious or lightweight).  Also our hospitals tend to be very well cooled so I don't think I need something terribly light.  Look forward...
That's what my concern is.  If it's coming from you then I'm going to steer clear.  If I had $300 I'd pick em up for myself, they're in my size!!
No pics, wondering if there's any meat left on the bone if I pay $300+tax for a pair of charcoal gray Berluti wingtip balmorals in excellent condition (sole shows very little wear, just some light scuffs that can be conditioned and buffed out), shoe trees included?  Common size.  They're currently being discounted, after tomorrow it goes back up to almost $500. Thanks guys! Edit: I've never flipped something on Ebay before so I'm worried this is a risky bet after...