or Connect

Posts by losrockets

I've got the same exact question.  Apparently someone here said the leather quality isn't as good as the other AE calfskin but I'd love some more feedback.
For sale is a hand-made, fully-canvassed navy jacket by Raffaele Caruso for Barney's. This jacket is made in Italy of Super 130's wool and lined with Bemberg.  Hand-tailored details on both the collar and lapels.  Sleeve buttons are non-functional.  When Caruso made jackets for Barney's, similar jackets retailed for $1300+.  Jacket is in excellent used condition.  The only wear is seen on a small part of the lining (pictured).  This jacket is marked as a EUR 50, US 40R. ...
Worth picking up PRL mainline made in Italy shoes (Meucci, I think?) for personal use? I've read varying reports that some are Goodyear, others are not, that some are terrible, and others have held up well.
Thanks to everybody who responded to my comment. Didn't mean to offend any sensibilities w/ my mention of Rockport et al. (All of my shoes are currently AE w/ a pair of Alden on the way) I was just throwing it out there based on personal experience in a similar situation. If you can wear leather sole shoes for extended periods of time without discomfort, go for it!
 As a current medical student, I'm going to suggest continuing to skimp on the black shoes even for interviews (good luck by the way). I didn't get my first pair of AE until nearly the end of interview season and rode it out with a pair of beaten-up black Dockers or Rockport shoes.  Pick something comfortable - you're going to be on your feet all day during the interview - the Rockports are good for that. I've found very little use for black captoe bals in medical school,...
Gorgeous! I'll be getting mine in December and I can't wait!  I dropped by a local mens boutique today to confirm I was a 9 on the Barrie and actually fell in love with the Aberdeen last. It's a shame these boots weren't made on it!  Do you see yourself wearing these boots with wool trousers, or just denim/chinos?
Anybody know how much these boots would be shipped to the US, including taxes, custom fees, and anything else?  Waiting on delivery on #8 Cordovan Perf-Toe Alden blucher boots in the Barrie last (from J. Crew) but damn these look even better (and sleeker).  I think the Aldens are ~$420 with all discounts applied.  Never worn Meermin before so I have no idea of my sizing on the Hiro but I'm really tempted by this MTO. If y'all were in my place which would you go for (I...
For a casual or non-work/strictly-fun jacket I wouldn't mind the lining at all, but I would mind the jorts stitched on to the front.
Ugh. Now I'm debating whether or not I should get the MacNeils in Burgundy cordovan over the Patriots. I have a pair of brown penny loafers (RL Innswood) and a pair of walnut longwings (RL Sandersons, though they're a bit big) and my dress ranges from jeans/khakis in class to wool/linen trousers when I'm in the hospital (I'm in my mid-20s and attend grad school in TX).  Thoughts on which would be more versatile? I think they both look gorgeous. My big issue with the...
Well, I actually just made this choice, and went with burgundy shell. I think I may go with brown in calf though (liked what I saw yesterday in store of these).  Also, this happens to be my first shell purchase (grabbed the 9.5D Patriot seconds in Burgundy this afternoon) so I'm super excited.  I think that the depth of color you can develop with the burgundy shell over time will make them look phenomenal (that's not to say anything bad about the brown shell, I think I've...