or Connect

Posts by losrockets

9.5. My tailor has a good eye for proportion so he kept the opening wider while gently slimming the leg because I have been buying these secondhand at steal prices and sometimes they're a size big. Sometimes I don't like the cuff sloshing around my clf so much but I understand why you say don't do it. Noodles, I will work on pics for you this week. I also second the rec to buy these used. You can pick up trafalgar and BB braces at $20 or less on Ebay in fantastic shape....
This conversation is good for both GuP and noodles. I've been wearing the Corneliani for RL pleated trousers for a few months now with proper suspenders and the fit is better and more comfortable than any belted look I have tried. Pleats are usually invisible. The rise is a bit high on these even for me but that my larger thighs and rear can fit comfortably makes it worthwhile. Currently the leg opening is a pretty conservative 8.75 on most pairs but I may taper one to...
@GuP Here are my my comments on the Spier and Mackay Navy Hopsack jacket: They're spoilered below but you can click the link to follow the full discussion.  http://www.styleforum.net/t/383376/spier-mackay-official-affiliate-thread/1485#post_7907411 [[SPOILER]]  Go try on the Suit Supply offerings. Find your size in the Havana. That'll be your size in Spier & Mackay for future reference. I think the SS looks better and it has less lining which I prefer. For me, I wouldn't...
For sale are 3 Spier & Mackay contemporary fit shirts in 15.5x33.5. The sleeves have shrunk to an unwearable length for me while the body measurements remained the same so I need to sell these. Purchased the shirts only a couple months ago, so they're barely worn and in excellent condition.     L to R: Garrison chambray, Navy Check (don't know the official name), and Montgomery stripe I love these shirts - the quality, buttons, and collar are great - and intend to...
In my experience (just washing and air drying) - yes, I've had largely isolated sleeve shrinkage on 3 shirts from 15.5x34.5 to 15.5x33.5ishAnd I wanted to follow up Rick's response to our conversation about fabrics yesterday - I'm confident that as the brand grows you'll be able to provide a wider range of fabrics. Your selection this season is vastly superior IMO to the patterns you first released for sportcoats last fall. 
re: the SS jacket, if you like the Havana cut but prefer a lower buttoning stance, Spier & Mackay's contemporary fit is pretty much identical to the Havana but the Model 2 has a slightly lower stance IIRC. Or at least, to me it seems like it's got a lower stance, but maybe it's just lower than their previous iteration. It's no Ludlow. For me the buttoning point is about 0.5" above the umbilicus.   I just got...
Wore my navy hopsack today for the first time (got it yesterday). Material was a little disappointing out of the box as I was hoping for more physical texture to the hopsack (see the hopsack BB I have listed for sale) and the material is rather flat physically but visually textured. It is maybe a half inch shorter than I prefer but the length of my 40R is identical to the SuitSupply Havana 40R so it's in-line with contemporary styling.  Looked kind of off on me yesterday...
@JSO1 When I saw the pics I thought "Wow, somebody scored a new pair of Walnut Daltons!?" and then read that these were one of your most heavily worn pairs. You did a fantastic job.
Hmm. Guess I should be grateful then! The rep told me she's been doing this for many people since it's been such a huge sale. Maybe y'all can keep calling until you find somebody friendly.
I purchased this leather jacket 10 days ago using the 20% off code for $360 with tax. Noticed it was down to $269 today so I called and got a price adjustment, it's now $290 with tax. The rep told me that she couldn't honor the 20% off code on top of the adjustment and that they normally wouldn't even adjust the price because it's a clearance item. Is this normal policy or should I be getting more of a discount? Don't really have a friendly sales associate I can count on...