or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Yeah, that beige or brown + navy combo is really popular for block stripes, you could also work it with a brown-leaning olive, you just can't go gold or brass.
@spiermackayAn example in an IMO terrible color scheme, just to prove that you can do it with a woven tie: http://www.bensilver.com/Woven-Block-Stripe-Tie-GreenandPurple,23314.html#.VvnvBXozz0QIf you can pull these off at a reasonable price they're going to sell really well I think. [[SPOILER]] This thread in general is full of great ideas for stripes: http://www.styleforum.net/t/400833/a-study-in-stripes-regimental-and-repp-ties/120 Also re: width I'm gonna make a plea...
@spiermackay - Stripes. Tasteful ones like you can get at Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren and also, and I think this would be huge if you can source it: wide block stripes in muted tones (read: no sheen, martin or charlie) and 2-3 colors max per tie. Don't understand why we don't see any of these at the low-end. I'd be in for so many provided your source can do a dry hand/matte silk.
@Claghorn this is OTR, a sz 40 Contemporary. The only adjustment was hemming and cuffing the trousers. Waist could be taken in a bit. Tucked in the flapped pockets for a cleaner look.
I purchased a pair of #8 shell tassel loafers on Ebay thinking I'd flip them but they've been surprisingly versatile so I'm keeping them. I originally expected to get a #8 plain toe blucher but I'm pretty certain now that the PTB spot will be filled by the RL Marlow or something in a similar cognac/brown shade. I think the #8 tassels would be a lot more versatile than loden suede loafers, I even wore them with a brown suit yesterday: Apologies for the bathroom pic, it...
Wore my tobacco wool/linen suit for the first time tonight! No outdoor shots but I'll put up a pic tomorrow, just wanted to say how much I totally loved wearing it. I'm going to make excuses to wear this thing from now on, it is an awesome suit and I cannot recommend it enough. Got a ton of praise for it.Update, pics - not great quality unfortunately but hopefully people get a better idea: [[SPOILER]]
@gbandi - what you want is already available from places like Club Monaco. I agree w/ Spex' post above, a normal S&M BD collar would allow me to wear this with a summer sportcoat or to work without a tie, the tiny collar is super casual and not really a professional look or one that's in favor on SF.
 Love it, I'd leave the length as-is, the OCBDs are cut short enough for most folks, IMO. Will you be taking preorders on the linen shirts?
Returned it but it was this one: http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3703_navy_soft_casual_chambray I think the pocket also felt bigger to me. It's not a spier and mackay thing, I just can't pull it off in general, maybe it's my build or something but whether I've tried from JCrew or S&M these sorts of shirts don't look right on me.
@Burzan - I think I was being unclear; the last S&M chambray I purchased had two chest pockets in a western/camp style. I'm saying I'd prefer chambray and denim casual shirting to be done up identical to their OCBD.