or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Hey Rick, this question is gonna be a bit of a stretch but let's see. I have one of your older shirts, non shell button variety, in ecru. I wore it recently for the first time in many months and was pleasantly surprised by how incredibly soft this shirt feels. It hasn't been washed a ton because I don't wear it that often, I think it's just the fabric you used. What was this wonderfully soft cotton fabric and do you still source from that mill?
These were just recently on sale for the mid-$300s. http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/christian-kimber-x-eidos-crosshair-moc-toe-loafers?ID=1629752&CategoryID=3864&linkModule=1#fn=ppp%3D180%26spp%3D7%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D15%26spc%3D10%26cm_kws%3Dchristian%20kimber%20x%20eidos%20%26pn%3D1|0|undefined|10
Ditto. This is exactly what I'm looking for!
I love this suit. I wear it every opportunity I get - you can find a recent pic of me wearing it in this thread. Yeah it's fully lined but honestly don't let that dissuade you. At this price, don't pass it up.
@An Acute Style While I don't hate any of your looks, I also haven't saved any for future reference. That is, until your most recent one. Shoes except, that's an excellent and unique outfit. Love the color palette!
I'm looking forward to the rest of the samples for fall fabrics. I like big bold patterns rather than small repeating things or very CBD stuff  like tonal glen plaids in my sportcoats, as I've got those kind of covered/they bore me. This often requires a step up in price though, but eHaberdasher is an example of another small company that's able to source some pretty great stuff at similar prices. 
Voting for 3 and 9.
@TexasTexter - Another Texan here. I agree w/ the above poster. I wear my black Fifth Streets w/ my suits all of the time, they're super comfortable and greatly preferred to my Park Aves. Honestly every time there's a seconds sale I contemplate picking up another pair in burnished brown. They're a great boot to wear with a suit because they blend in well until you go to sit down, and the shaft isn't so high that they catch on your trouser.
@Isolation (Unrelated but that jacket's too short.) I like 6906 way more than 6920, the latter definitely reads like birdsye suiting material whereas the former seems like a brown donegal-type tweed and hence sportcoat appropriate. How big is the cost difference? I think you could probably find a non-cashmere version of 6906 in some other book, but I don't know enough about fabric books to point you in the right direction.
Told myself I'd buy a suit when I got home from work today. It was sold out. Saved $300 but I kinda wish I'd spent it this morning!