or Connect

Posts by losrockets

@peppercorn78 Is that brown or cappuccino shell for your strands? Goddamn, I don't have a pair of Strands yet and that picture may convince me to one day buy a pair. If my local store gets a pair in Merlot I'm going to be in trouble...   Also jumping on the Fifth Street love. I too recently cleaned mine up and added some paste wax to the cap (neutral, I need to buy some black) and they look amazing. One of my favorite pairs of shoes, and I'm so happy that I went with...
Seeing those Merlot ECs still can't understand why everyone so badly wanted brass eyelets on them. Didn't even want them on my grain boots, hoping it works out though.
@Isolation I personally wouldn't use the worsted as separates.  They both IMO would look a lot like orphans from a suit, the birdseye less so because of its pattern, though this is particularly subtle one. Maybe a worsted or a woolen flannel or something with a little more textural interest? It just comes off a little too flat to me, something I associate with suits.
@Pliny I thought I described it but some form of a navy blazer, blue shirt, brown or navy tie, and gray wool trousers with brown shoes. Now uniform is not meant in a derogatory way. There's a reason this particular outfit has survived generations, it looks really really good on anybody, and I think I said as much up there. So it's not so much an SF uniform as a "Men who know how to dress well know that they can wear some variation of this and generally look good." Nothing...
Mostly a lurker here, this is gonna be more words than I've ever said on SF combined. I remember creeping onto SF when I was in college and getting turned off by some of the cruelty I saw, but on balance I've learned a ton here since I began actively reading SF about 2 years ago. And the discussions about fits in the WAYWRN thread were a huge part of that education.  I mostly post on another men's style forum and have contemplated starting to post fits here because I think...
@NWTeal: I'll take my name off for now. I monitor the thread so if this comes into play later and I can afford it I"ll jump back in.  I have to say, I really love my snuff suede but those chocolate NST above look great.
Maybe this is just news to me but the Sanderson and Slaton (RL models) are back at RL.com and there appear to be new makeups? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45090456 - Snuff and brown suede models of the Sanderson (I think it was previously only brown, walnut, and maybe black calf) http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45090426 - Don't remember a brown suede slaton, I have it in snuff and it might be my favorite AE shoe.
IIRC EC and Players are both on the same last so I don't think fit should be a big issue. AE doesn't have a good SWB at the moment, does it? Could be a popular GMTO in bourbon or dark chili. Also, I'd so be in on the Portland in Snuff or Choco suede but tapped out at the moment. I think it's going to look nuts.
Asked a question a week ago about tan wool trousers and was recommended to look for ones with some textural variation or something to them to distinguish them from plain, boring tan khakis.  Thoughts on these?   http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/2881_camel_flannel___slim_fit
Brown check is great but I'm really tempted by the camel flannels. Not sure how dark they'll be in person, if they err on the side of slightly lighter, I think they'll be perfect, but should still be very versatile regardless. May have to jump on these before any multi-buy comes around. Also thanks for confirming the chambray will be made available in contemporary fit soon!  Not sure if the khakis will work for me but I may give them a shot regardless, great prices all...