or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Hoping they release those adelaide in a mid brown, or maybe it'll look great in Bob's chili. Kind of wish it had a toe cap but it's not bad at all.  AE really needs to stop making such ugly chukkas, what the heck is that thing next to the tall boot? The Malvern would be fantastic if they re-released it on the 2 or 5 last, I wear my suede ones almost every week.
Ahh, bummer. I figured as much which is why I left it in store but I was just wondering if my sensibilities were off from years of jackets that don't quite meet that ancient cupped fingers rule for jacket length. Thanks for the input guys. Also, bought the pants based on a previous post I made in this thread about tan wool slacks. Was advised to pick something with texture over the rather flat camel flannel I had been looking at so I went for a taupe-ish cavalry twill from...
Hey Noodlers, would love some advice on a dark gray flannel PRL suit I came across today in the local consignment store. Not thriftstore cheap at $199 but it's a 3-piece. It's got forward pleats, which on a suit like this doesn't bother me, but I'm not entirely sure about the length because it's cut to a traditional length (also it's labeled a 42R but it fits my 38/40R frame at the shoulders IMO) and most of my jackets are cut a little bit shorter (similar to the WIWT pic...
Wow, I hope you post shots of those Patriots a year from now. They're going to look incredible with time. Very impressed with how they matched the shade on the straps (or is that just lighting?)
 They look fine to me. I like the variation on a pair of Marlow, just adds more to the look, as others have said. Mine look a bit different also, and to be honest it's the shots people have posted here of their high contrast, sun-faded Marlow that convinced me to finally buy a pair! But that's just me, if it is something you don't feel comfortable with then send them back.
SNS Herning Stark
  Gray. On it's way. Not sure about the fit but I grabbed the 40 based on comments in the NMWA thread. Couldn't let those guys have all the fun. http://www.yoox.com/us/39445284JL/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=39445284JL&sizeId=4
+1 to Kent Wang. I will probably pick up a second this year (the natural looks good in theory)
Here's the thing about your red watch strap. Most people in an interview won't ask you about it. They'll silently wonder why the hell you're in professional interview attire and have a bright red watch strap. When you're asked about your previous employment, you can talk about your previous employment. Or bring it up in a way that highlights skills relevant to the job you are interviewing for.  I think it can be easy to fall into the trap of "I'm interviewing for an...
@Burzan great job. If I weren't too broke (though that doesn't stop me from spending) to fiddle around w/ MTM until I get it right I would have bought those flannels also. They look every bit as good as I figured they would when I saw them online and looks like you've got the fit down quite well. Collar is awesome. Did you have have to specify a lot to get it that way or was that (apart from being unlined) pretty close to their default for a button down? I needed some...