or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Speaking of travel, I'm heading to Vietnam and Siem Reap soon for about a month and would love some advice! I'll be going N to S through Vietnam, doing Hanoi (1.5d), Sapa (2.5d), Halong Bay (2d), Hue (1d), Hoi An (3d), Dalat (3d), Mui Ne (2d), Saigon (1.5d), the Mekong Delta (2d), and then 3d in Siem Reap. Any must-sees or must-dos in those places aside from the obvious (eg. the obligatory night on a boat in a crowded, tourist-filled bay, the trek through mountains,...
I can think of one pretty prominent menswear blog I've stopped frequenting for this reason. He acknowledges that the items were given to him but almost everything that he wears is a gift at this point.
Prices are already great without a discount. Try them out!
Here's hoping you drop the linen OTR stuff before I leave for a month's vacation in SE Asia next Sunday and have only intermittent internet access!
Are block stripes still on the table, Rick?
The answer is to do a MTM in the tobacco herringbone wool-linen. SB, minimal shoulder padding (I don't like unpadded for a blazersuit you could wear to work), 3-roll-2 with jetted hip pockets and barchetta breast, full canvas if you can swing the price, and quarter-lined. If you want, you can go peak on this jacket with a 2-button stance but I don't like peaks. For your pants, side-adjusters > suspenders because this is a summer suit and you may have the jacket off, you...
Double post, ignore.
Staple light gray flat front pantsmade by Corneliani for Polo Ralph Lauren. These pants retailed for over $300 and PRL has since switched to an inferior manufacturer. What's most incredible about these pants is that they have a higer rise, 11", and a flat front along with a slim fit (tailored) which is incredibly uncommon in the RTW market these days, and you'll be hard-pressed to find such an incredible fabric for MTM at this price.  I can no longer fit in these because...
Honestly I find a solid 1/3 to 1/2 of the special fabrics and, really, Epaulet goods in general, to be unattractive. I like SW&D but Epaulet seems to be doing a weird straddle of that and classic stuff in a way that I find unappealing. Once in a while they'll get some nice simple fabrics but generally I'm quite meh on the stuff that seems to get the most love in that thread. That said I do have my a handful of EP items that I quite like. Rick, any consideration to...
Honestly Rick, we need more places doing good ties in the 35 to 50 usd range ever since Knottery got all weird on us. I'm fine with lesser fabrics s long as they look good and tie well. If you're able to get wide block stripe ties on printed, duller fabrics in that range, I'm pumped. The tie market is really packed and competitive right now, I don't really see a reason to jump in w a premium product when you've got something close to a flagship right now in your ocbd just...