or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Status on those OTR linen shirts? I'm halfway around the world and compulsively checking this thread whenever I get WiFi just to be sure I haven't missed the drop since I wear a common size.
@MrVenneri I wear a 40R contemporary in Spier and pretty much all other brands' suiting, I also go w/ the 15.5 contemporary fit shirting and it's an excellent fit - my chest is probably ~41".  I am pretty sure you're gonna have some pulling at the buttons with OTR 15.5.
Linens dropping today or tomorrow as anticipated?
Give me a reason to sell my AE's and I'll gladly do it. Not too happy with most of them, and I agree re: whoever made the comment about Meermin. I'm interested in Carlos Santos but otherwise my eye's squarely on Carmina and to a lesser extent EB/C&J these days but I can only afford such a purchase about once a year.
I just reloaded w Uniqlo and Gustin tees (mostly the former, I like the fit, shorter sleeves) but there's always room for another Heather gray v, especially if its not some stubby shallow v. May be good for the Canadian customers though. Saw something about you considering doing your own shoes... Can you elaborate on the decision/details? Tbh from your target price they're probably not right for me or a lot of the SF base so this sounds like a Canadian market choice?
Thanks for all the great advice @TomOwen, @Claghorn, @etostano and the rest. Will try my best to make time for Danang, Champa, and My Son, and perhaps make it to Nha Trang for a day or swap it for Mui Ne/Ham Tien!
Were the pants tapered or did they come that way? If tapered, any chance the tailor didn't cut off the excess? It's a perfect fit otherwise. A shame, those narrow openings.
@ridethecliche That's correct, hopping flights from Hanoi to Hue, Danang to Dalat, and Saigon to Siem Reap to save time and avoid riding buses whenever possible.  Thanks for the advice about the flights, I'll be sure there's nothing mission-critical around my flight-times so I don't get screwed by delays.   To @TomOwen's point above, I will be taking the train from Hue to Danang, I really look forward to it. Will be spending a night in Hue and there's some flexibility in...
Speaking of travel, I'm heading to Vietnam and Siem Reap soon for about a month and would love some advice! I'll be going N to S through Vietnam, doing Hanoi (1.5d), Sapa (2.5d), Halong Bay (2d), Hue (1d), Hoi An (3d), Dalat (3d), Mui Ne (2d), Saigon (1.5d), the Mekong Delta (2d), and then 3d in Siem Reap. Any must-sees or must-dos in those places aside from the obvious (eg. the obligatory night on a boat in a crowded, tourist-filled bay, the trek through mountains,...
I can think of one pretty prominent menswear blog I've stopped frequenting for this reason. He acknowledges that the items were given to him but almost everything that he wears is a gift at this point.