or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Would love it if you could re-run the worsted mid-gray flannel from last year. Woolens are nice but wear out easily and keeping some staples on hand is always nice. What I'd really love to find is a pair of odd navy wool trousers, probably a herringbone or donegal tweed of some sort. I don't have navy trousers because they look like suit separates, but I think in the right fabric it can look appropriate. Anybody seen something similar from Epaulet?   Cavalry twills are...
^Y'all really do. I'm excited for sleeve length options later this year and can't wait for my order to come in. Been longingly gazing at the ultra-high res zoom of the hopsack jacket texture for many days now.
Measurements: (Always cold wash, air dry) Garrison chambray: 33.5 Montgomery stripe: 33.5, maybe a hair less Navy check I can no longer find online: 34 Washed once Ecru shirt: 34   New, unwashed, unworn Wicklow: 34.5 (http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/2564_solid_light_blue_wicklow)   I don't know how I managed to wear the Garrison today, I think I was repeatedly tugging at my sleeves. =\ Anyhow these are just one guy's experiences and may not be...
I'll measure for you when I get home, and will try to keep a spreadsheet with the shirts I have only washed once or not worn yet of washes and shrinkage since you mentioned yall would like some more feedback.
The Montgomery stripe which was one of my favorites. Wearing the dress chambray instead which has held up a bit better in the sleeve department but in general I'm worried these shirts may not be long enough OTR to wear with sport coat or suits.Also do your lighter weight OTR shirts fit differently or is it just the weight that's throwing me off? I bought this summer weight Navy and white gingham recently that I love the feel of but it's taken some getting used to the fit....
Put on one of my Spier shirts this morning and had to take it off and wear something else because the sleeves have shrunk too much. If anything will stop me from buying S&M OTR in the near future it'll be that a 35 sleeve would be preferable for me given the shrinkage allowance. (I always cold wash and air dry)
It's funny, I ordered the exact same 3 shirts in addition to the navy wool/linen hopsack jacket. So excited. I've been slowly replacing the shirts in my closet with Spier & Mackay and i couldn't be more pleased.
For sale is a pair of used, good condition Tellason jeans. These jeans are made in the USA of Cone Mills White Oak selvedge denim and have a button fly.  Can't remember what the name of this fit is but it's the slim one. They've been put through the wash so you probably won't get any sick fadez from them but they're an excellent deep blue/indigo that you can wear year-round.  No tears or stains.   Price $60 OBO Tagged a sz 33, the measurements are: Waist:...
For sale is a beautiful, silky soft and smooth light blue hairline stripe Alessandro Gherardi cucito a mano shirt. Excellent condition. Mother of pearl buttons attached with a crow's foot stitch. I've never felt a shirt this soft and smooth and just wish it fit me better. The armholes are high and along the sleevehead you can see the characteristic marks of hand-stitching.  I put the quality of this shirt on par with my Borrelli and maybe a step below the Finamore I've...
For sale is a Wallace & Barnes navy wool (likely a blend) CPO jacket I purchased in excellent, like-new from another forum earlier this year but I'm realizing it doesn't really fit in my wardrobe. This was purchased during a JCrew employee sale so the W&B label is crossed through in Sharpie and the material tag is cut off to prevent returns. Worn a couple of times by previous owner but never by myself.  Excellent, heavy weight wool in a traditional design. Slimmer...