or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Did that book of linen shirting fabrics have any thicker-striped patterns? Would love to be able to MTM something in brown/white for the summer, I think it would look great with a number of different pants. Here's something I found on Google as a reference for color/thickness - could even go like 1-2mm thicker on the stripes and I think it'd be fine.   As for the thicker blue/white stripes, a bengal stripe as shown above in brown or perhaps even thicker would make for...
Mike, holy shit. Wow. You know, I still like the C&J and Alden better but only by a hair. I'd initially wanted the first EC GMTO to be a calf/suede split and I'm really glad to see some people went with that idea because now I get to see the product and decide if I want to go through w/ it in the future. TBH, I'm not sure. Looks good but I think what reallly seals the deal for the Galways are the smooth, curved lines of the side panels, versus the look on these.  Still...
Excited to see that some of the linen stuff will make it to OTR, regardless of MTM/OTR I'd like to see stripes and solids. Also haven't tried any of your trousers yet so the expanded OTR lineup sounds good.  Question about MTM shirts - would you be able to make a popover? Have a feeling in a few months I'm really going to want some cotton/linen popovers with beautiful rolled collars. (Is it strange to have a buttondown collar on a popover? Should I stick to a less formal...
Flannels look great, waiting on the contemporary OCBD to come in before placing an order. How's the collar on your flannel shirts, is it made a bit softer than the traditional dress shirts or have you made these the same but just w/ the more casual fabric?   Also, if any of the cotton/linen stuff makes it to RTW that would make me realllllllllly happy.
Rick, these look so great. I'm super tempted to go for 3. Keep up the excellent work! Anybody have recommendations on how to wear a gray OCBD? Seems like a denim-only thing? Haven't worn a gray shirt in 7-8 years!
Hoping they release those adelaide in a mid brown, or maybe it'll look great in Bob's chili. Kind of wish it had a toe cap but it's not bad at all.  AE really needs to stop making such ugly chukkas, what the heck is that thing next to the tall boot? The Malvern would be fantastic if they re-released it on the 2 or 5 last, I wear my suede ones almost every week.
Ahh, bummer. I figured as much which is why I left it in store but I was just wondering if my sensibilities were off from years of jackets that don't quite meet that ancient cupped fingers rule for jacket length. Thanks for the input guys. Also, bought the pants based on a previous post I made in this thread about tan wool slacks. Was advised to pick something with texture over the rather flat camel flannel I had been looking at so I went for a taupe-ish cavalry twill from...
Hey Noodlers, would love some advice on a dark gray flannel PRL suit I came across today in the local consignment store. Not thriftstore cheap at $199 but it's a 3-piece. It's got forward pleats, which on a suit like this doesn't bother me, but I'm not entirely sure about the length because it's cut to a traditional length (also it's labeled a 42R but it fits my 38/40R frame at the shoulders IMO) and most of my jackets are cut a little bit shorter (similar to the WIWT pic...
Wow, I hope you post shots of those Patriots a year from now. They're going to look incredible with time. Very impressed with how they matched the shade on the straps (or is that just lighting?)
 They look fine to me. I like the variation on a pair of Marlow, just adds more to the look, as others have said. Mine look a bit different also, and to be honest it's the shots people have posted here of their high contrast, sun-faded Marlow that convinced me to finally buy a pair! But that's just me, if it is something you don't feel comfortable with then send them back.