or Connect

Posts by losrockets

Any place I can get my hand on snuff Singletons at the moment? Really would love a pair as I like the color on my snuff Slatons and need some suede loafers.
Posted this in another thread also, but maybe it'll get more exposure here:   I recently had the collar lowered on a jacket - I usually never do this and I don't know why I asked this time, but it's evident from explanations on SF that my tailor only made alterations at the collar, and not the shoulders because the wonderfully sloped and perfectly fitting shoulders are now flattened and lumpy. What can be done to correct this? I'd be happy returning to a slight roll if I...
Sorry to bump an old thread but I figure it's more informative for readers than starting a new one. @a tailor or anybody else with knowledge: I recently had the collar lowered on a jacket - I usually never do this and I don't know why I asked this time, but it's evident from your explanation that my tailor only made alterations at the collar, and not the shoulders because the wonderfully sloped and perfectly fitting shoulders are now flattened and lumpy. What can be done...
Yes. I'd think any 22-25yo wearing a db jacket or 3-piece suit to a medschool interview is horribly out of touch, and given the number of overqualified candidates for medschool (or most jobs) I would have no interest in seeing how that person functions with everyday people in awful situations.
@ridethecliche I wore black Docker's captoes/AE Park Aves to my interviews (the rubber soled Dockers were honestly more comfortable). Its been three years but I don't remember seeing anyone with wingtips. Brown stitched or punched caps would be fine. Don't go for tan, don't do monks. Even a merlot may be "too much" - I remember guys wearing windowpane suits, tan shoes, and other ridiculous things. Don't do anything that could be misinterpreted as pretentious. Now that I'm...
Yeah I'm not voting for a shell color I don't think AE can acquire at the moment. Anyhow, sad that there's no option for a 2-leather EC like the Galway!  I made the suggestion in the comments box anyway.
Merlot/Brown Calf Grain combo EC's similar to the EG Kahuna linked above? Could AE do it right? More EG: http://www.styleforum.net/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy/4800#post_6615213 (Imagine the one on the far right but w/ a burnished merlot bottom and brown calf grain top)
I too prefer brown calf grain over chili grain, that's impressive!  Even though calf grain is kind of an informal leather the profile of the EC makes it pretty versatile, both wool trousers and jeans can look good with it.  Couldn't get away with the Bayfield under wool trousers in the hospital IMO. Now I'm not sure if I want the tjyoung Merlot or brown calf grain more!
Kind of hard to pitch shell against calf, no? I don't think I could throw down for shell ATM but maybe I could move a few shoes for calf EC's. Don't know how many of these Paul is willing to allow but if he's open to more provided we don't throw a fit over the smallest details when we get our shoes, I'm open to waiting for a second round of ECs when we do calf instead of shell.  Don't forget to include tjyoung's makeup!   OH and I'm not interested in the Townley at all....