or Connect

Posts by losrockets

@ridethecliche FWIW I'm heading into my 4th year of medical school after taking a year off to work. While a handful of my classmates invest heavily, they're the exception to the rule (and most of them were able to do this because of significant parental support). It's hard - I was up against the same decision you're facing of how to handle my savings heading into 4 years of loans and debt. I decided to put it toward living expenses and loan-reduction as much as possible,...
On the flip side...best diet ever. Also generally avoid any street treats that involve ice or rabri, just to be safe. My dad (born in India) just had to push his limits the last time we went as a family... It's a fun time though. Roadside sandwiches are great, but maybe my favorite roadside meals have been pav bhaji while visiting Mount Abu as a kid. Hot, buttery bread, spicy vegetables, can't go wrong.
Any thoughts on a University in Brogue suede? I'm generally very anti U wing shoes but saw a grayish brown suede model on either the Carmima or Skoak threads in the past week that I absolutely loved. Can't dig it up right now as I'm on my phone, maybe somebody can help out? Could be one to keep in mind as this shoe seems to always be on sale.
I found myself rarely wearing my black Park Aves (though that has a lot to do with the shape and fit) and wanting something affordable and black in my shoe rotation so I purchased these about 1.5 years ago and now really enjoy having a pair of black shoes in my wardrobe. They won't work in the most formal settings but I've found them to be acceptable almost anywhere else I would wear a solid navy or gray suit or trim-fitting gray wool...
Just won my first LuxeSwap auction. Feel like I'm officially a SF member now
Good grief.
Not my size. I have no idea what style or last this is, but size 8.5 US on Yoox: http://www.yoox.com/us/44798656BD/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44798656BD&sizeId=8
I think Sid and Suit Supply are going to make a positive change in the way HTX is dressed. We're a pretty poorly dressed city on the whole, larger-sized oil barons aside. I have been noticing more AE and Alden lately but also I do have a very skewed perspective basically living and operating inside the TMC exclusively for the past several years. When I go to Sid Mashburn it's encouraging to see men in their 30's and 40's taking an interest and dressing well. And it's O_O...
Those are def the snuff. The color variability on AE's snuff suede is high depending on the lighting, which is one of my favorite things about that color. Chocolate is consistently a flat, dark brown that I personally feel has little depth to it. Brogue is in between - I have both brogue and snuff and think they each have their place.
Oh wow, those snuff Graysons look...fat.  I always thought they were more elegant than that, maybe it's just the size of that pair?