or Connect

Posts by johng70

I wear 3 watches: Omega Speedy 9300 - my everyday watch Oris Diver Date - my dive / beach vacation watch / yard-work watch Citizen ecodrive - my 'beater' watch for when I go camping   Now, the citizen stays on it's bracelet.  The Oris stays on the rubber diving band   So, on to the Omega.  I alternate:  bracelet in cold weather when I'm wearing long sleeve shirts mostly and alligator in warmer months with short sleeve shirts.   Why?  Here's the reality - I like...
The best choice I made was to switch to a front pocket wallet and eliminate how many cards I carry.  IMO, it really looks bad when you can see the impression outline of a wallet in someone's back pocket.  Here is the current winner for me: http://www.ashlandleather.com/Ashland-Louis-Little-New-York-Horween-Cordovan-p/louisshell.htm
A suit is different.  A suit makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is a blazer.  A person can always use a suit for weddings and funerals.  A blazer, not so much.
Funerals are not places to make fashion statements IMO.  Navy or Charcoal suit - oxblood, DARK brown or black shoes.  I'm a big fan of oxblood shoes - they dress up or down and work with a lot of outfits.  Otherwise, ignore the snobs here who detest black shoes - and go with those.  I wouldn't call the shoes in those pictures appropriate for funerals.  If you only have 1 pair of dress shoes they should be as conservative as possible IMO.
I thought I'd chime in as a fellow midwesterner (Ohio).  I am willing to bet large quantities of money that the vast majority of attendees will NOT be in a blazer.  You'll have some in suits and the rest will be in dockers/shirt and maybe tie.  If you own a blazer - great!  If not, it isn't worth buying one.  A blazer used to be a staple of your wardrobe - 20 years ago.  It isn't now.  Heck, even TIES have very little relevance for 90% of men out there except for...
Frank & Jack - thanks for your input.  The camp moc style just isn't for me right now.  I'm just debating whether it's worth the $30 extra to get the boat shoe with the sole I want or just get the camp moc.  Sounds like everything else is the same - just the styling (4 hole vs 2 hole).
Looking to replace my current boat shoes for this upcoming summer.  Looking at Rancourt boat vs ranger moc.  I am not a traditionalist on my boat shoes so I would do a custom job to get the camp moc dark brown sole if I went with the boat shoe.  Either shoe would be un-lined.   The questions come down to: 1)  Is the insole the same between ranger-moc and boat? 2)  Is there a comfort/fit difference between the two given no-sock 3)  Style-wise if these will be worn...
Here are some minimalist bags but still well made: Duluthpack   Duluthpack Bison Saddleback Messenger     Saddleback Satchel   I have a bison weekend bag from duluth and have a Saddleback briefcase and both a serious products, made with high quality leather and quallity manufacturing.  Duluth is still made in USA.  Saddleback used to be but they've moved production to Mexico I believe.  Can't say if quality has gone down since they moved production to Mexico or...
I'm guessing animosity has nothing to do with how you dress but your attitude.  If you are this much of a douche on an internet forum, I suspect your thought that everyone but the teacher likes you is incorrect.  My experience has been that anyone as judgmental as you are about your peers is pretty evident in how you act.  After all, think about it like this - your teacher has accomplished something in life - he has a PhD.  You are still a pretentious youth who shouldn't...
Let me give you some advice:  Get over yourself.  You choose a style that is far outside the  norm for college.  If you're going to do that, you need to accept people will think it odd and not let it bother you.   On the flip side, just because you are obsessed with fashion and judging others, doesn't mean your teacher is.  How do you know it's not your BEHAVIOR that causes a reaction from your teacher and not your mode of dress?   The point is:  A) stop being so...