or Connect

Posts by johng70

I'm guessing animosity has nothing to do with how you dress but your attitude.  If you are this much of a douche on an internet forum, I suspect your thought that everyone but the teacher likes you is incorrect.  My experience has been that anyone as judgmental as you are about your peers is pretty evident in how you act.  After all, think about it like this - your teacher has accomplished something in life - he has a PhD.  You are still a pretentious youth who shouldn't...
Let me give you some advice:  Get over yourself.  You choose a style that is far outside the  norm for college.  If you're going to do that, you need to accept people will think it odd and not let it bother you.   On the flip side, just because you are obsessed with fashion and judging others, doesn't mean your teacher is.  How do you know it's not your BEHAVIOR that causes a reaction from your teacher and not your mode of dress?   The point is:  A) stop being so...
Some things to consider regarding your boot selection as a college student: 1) Leather vs. rubber sole:  if you are planning on wearing the boots outside in wet and or snow conditions forget about a leather sole.  Seriously. You will definitely appreciate a boot that has a rubber sole.  Some boots allow for different tread patterns so not every rubber soled boot has a massive lug sole.  To that point, I would stick with boots that have a full rubber sole not some of them...
Either 1 or 2 will be versatile.  It depends on how light your pants are though.  If you wear a light cream for example, you want a lighter belt.  #2 probably has more flexibility - dark enough to wear with dark blue and a little more flexible for lighter colored pants.   For business casual or dress though, you really want to try and match belt to shoes - doesn't need to be exact.  But you shouldn't wear black shoes with brown belt for example.
Anyone here ever order from Sockingbehavior.com?  I found the site while doing a search on socks.  I placed an order a week ago - my card was charged but nothing has shipped.  I've sent two messages and they haven't responded to either message.  I like to give small startups business if I can, and prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt.  But, this certainly is starting to look like a disreputable company.   Does anyone here have any experience with them?
 Yes - I saw them last week when I picked up my oxblood Strands.  It's a burnished finishing and the best way to describe it is dark cherry.   I really love the color - and the burnishing really gives it character.
Fifth avenue in Brown is a great shoe - I'm wearing it now in exactly the same type of business casual environment you're talking about.  It's a very dark brown but that's OK - that makes it great for navy as well as khaki or olive colors.   Now, I also wear Walnut Strands, Bourbon Daltons, merlot greysons, black Leeds (and for casual I have Wilberts and McTavish).   My favorite shoe type is the Strand.  That's a great looking shoe that gets me a lot of compliments. ...
I was at the nearest retail store picking up some new Bourbon Daltons (great looking boot - glad I could get them with the latest 15% discount) and was very glad to hear the new oxblood shoes are supposed to be coming out mid-November.  The Dalton, Strand and I think 13 other shoes will be offered in the color.  Apparently, they've gone through at least 3 different shades so it will be interesting to see what comes out.  Definitely will be good to see more offerings in...
I use Serengeti as driving glasses (with the appropriate lens).  They are fantastic for that purpose and at a great price.  I have Maui Jim glasses and I've used a lot of Oakleys.  For driving, the lenses on the Serengeti's are great - high contrast and work in various light conditions that grey lenses don't work as well in.  They're light weight and since you can find them around $100 they're a fantastic value.  The only downside is finding a store with them if you want...