or Connect

Posts by johng70

Fifth avenue in Brown is a great shoe - I'm wearing it now in exactly the same type of business casual environment you're talking about.  It's a very dark brown but that's OK - that makes it great for navy as well as khaki or olive colors.   Now, I also wear Walnut Strands, Bourbon Daltons, merlot greysons, black Leeds (and for casual I have Wilberts and McTavish).   My favorite shoe type is the Strand.  That's a great looking shoe that gets me a lot of compliments. ...
I was at the nearest retail store picking up some new Bourbon Daltons (great looking boot - glad I could get them with the latest 15% discount) and was very glad to hear the new oxblood shoes are supposed to be coming out mid-November.  The Dalton, Strand and I think 13 other shoes will be offered in the color.  Apparently, they've gone through at least 3 different shades so it will be interesting to see what comes out.  Definitely will be good to see more offerings in...
I use Serengeti as driving glasses (with the appropriate lens).  They are fantastic for that purpose and at a great price.  I have Maui Jim glasses and I've used a lot of Oakleys.  For driving, the lenses on the Serengeti's are great - high contrast and work in various light conditions that grey lenses don't work as well in.  They're light weight and since you can find them around $100 they're a fantastic value.  The only downside is finding a store with them if you want...
In addition to getting rid of the briefcase, you really should reconsider the rolling bag.  Don't know if you get snow, but even in rainy conditions  you don't want to be rolling through puddles.  Also, not sure what your campus is like but if you need to cross any grass you're SOL.  Not to mention, nothing says "please torment me" like a man who can't carry his books on a shoulder.  I can appreciate you are an introvert.  That's OK.  But you seem dead set on some...
A briefcase seems rather impractical.  I would suggest either a backpack or messenger bag.
First - let me say AE products are great - I own 6 pairs currently.  My first word of warning - you really need to try on specific shoes to get sizing right.  The different shape of shoe (due to the different lasts) and the higher grade leather than your standard shoe can lead to a very uncomfortable shoe.  AND, I will go so far as to say - even within the same last, due to the different types of leather from one shoe to another you could have different fits.   Now, you...
That they should have died back in the 80's.  On a college campus though?  I really can't see it.
My advice is to generally stick to the level of formality that is predominant at the school you are going to.  For any college I've been to or visited in my area of the world dress shirts are very much out of place.  Button down casual, sure.  But not dress.  Sport coats are the same way.  But, where you are attending may be different.  You can have style and still dress casually.  But, dressing too formally, or too informally will certainly make you a bit of an...
I have a hazel belt and walnut strands.  The hazel has more red to it.  I actually bought it to wear with my McTavish but it's not dark enough.  REALLY tough to try and darken  bridle leather.  In any event, while the hazel is a nice color it isn't quite a match for the walnut.  All depends on how closely you want a match.