or Connect

Posts by johng70

My opinion:   Short sleeves are perfectly fine casual wear. They don't look good with a tie They are less appropriate in an indoor office environment   If your summer time casual wear is long sleeves and you have temps in the 80s or 90s, that to me is a bit odd.  If there isn't a difference between your business wardrobe and your casual wardrobe, that to me is a bit odd.   So, whether or not short sleeves are OK depends on whether you're talking about business or...
While I agree that well fitting clothes are comfortable, I'll have to move back the other way a bit - when sitting a lot, especially  in a warm office, not having a jacket and tie on is infinitely more comfortable to me.  
I'll say again - people who are slobs are slobs whether they wear a suit or jeans. When suits were the normal dress code here 20 years ago, there was one person I worked with who was the absolute definition of thread bare. His shirts had gaps in the threads because he wore the same ones for so long and no undershirt so you saw all the hair matted. Similarly, a women I worked with followed dress code to wear pantyhose with her suit but she didn't shave her legs so you'd...
I'm 45 and, as such, went through the business (suit/tie) to business casual reform in the US business world a while back. The problem with full business suit attire now is supply/demand. Not much demand, so prices have skyrocketed and overall quality has gone down. Your firm recognizes that there is no longer an 'image' that is necessary to be maintained by wearing business attire unless client facing. For the average worker, that's a good thing. Forcing people to...
Some options: http://gearpatrol.com/2015/01/16/5-ultra-warm-parkas-beat-back-cold/
Some options: http://gearpatrol.com/2015/01/16/5-ultra-warm-parkas-beat-back-cold/
I have a couple rollaboard "suiter" style carry-ons.  They're very nice, but you're pushing the capacity.  On a recent trip I went back to using my 30 year old Garment Bag.  Definitely more room for a couple suits and shirts without having to fold the shirts.  No wheels but fits your requirements better.  You just trade in convenience.  Most of the "suiter" style suitcases just don't have as much depth in the hanging section.   For my luggage now, I've been using...
As with the other poster, I will assume your new office situation is business casual.  If you're wearing suits, let us know as that changes things.  Here is the good news with business casual - you can make just about any style of shoe work.  You've got black covered (some will tell you never wear black - nonsense, nothing wrong with it).  The two most versatile colors going forward are mid/dark brown and burgundy.  Specifically in AE, while I love my Walnut Strands...
Glad it worked out for you.
You certainly can wear dress boots with jeans.  Remember though, they are dress boots.  So, it would look a bit odd with a tee-shirt and casual shirts.  More appropriate with nicer button-downs and/or any type of sweater that has a dress-casual style to it.  Think of it like this - if the shirt would look weird with a pair of nice chinos, it would look off with dress boots.  But dress boots work great with jeans and an appropriate top.