or Connect

Posts by Will

It isn't so much that silk grosgrain is expensive but that there is a lot of cheap satin out there. Satin woven to the same standards as the grosgrain used for semi-formal bowties costs about the same.
I like my oxblood dark and alternate one coat of Saphir black and two coats of mahogani.
Yes, the LL tie. The first one I ordered didn't arrive. I had Charvet make a second, and no sooner did it show up than I received a notice to pick up the first from my local post office where it had been sitting for three months. All that time I had been blaming the French unfairly. Still, someone had to be blamed.
OP says it will be his second set of dinner clothes but he does not describe what he already has. I for one have different weights, SB and DB in midnight and black. I recommend he do something similar.
Attachment 67504 The one I had handy. Cashmere and silk, 90 cm on a side.
Wear them as you would a casual jacket, in the same ways.
I am deeply disturbed.
Quote: Originally Posted by cdmoore1855 I would like to see the split soles that Will mentions. No pics, it never happened as they say anyway we all know that Will suddenly does not like G&G, that is why he only ordered 12 pairs and then wanted to sell them himself as an etailer, all because they were so poor quality !!!!, nuf said. I don't know why you would want to keep dragging G&G's dirty laundry through the mud but we can keep this...
For what it's worth I wear navy ties with my brown suits the majority of the time.
IMO Mahon makes a better DB than either A&S or Davies and I have all three. His have more softness than Davies without the extended A&S shoulders.