or Connect

Posts by Will

You should have seven pair and your budget means probably some Lobbs and some C&Js or other brands in those price ranges. The shoes themselves would vary according to how you dress. The link is to a recommendation for the suit wearer. http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2006/12/shoe-wardrobe.html
He wears a white shirt after 6PM/.
It resists creasing to a much greater extent than the lighter stuff.Re weight, I wear 14 ounce linen comfortably in 90 degree heat all the time and my name is not Sator.
I've had the spring and summer stuff since mid-December.
It's been a few years but they were more than Huntsman last I knew. Another respected Parisian tailor is Camps de Luca.
Solid/semi-solid navy: -flannel 14 oz DB -birdseye 10 oz DB -worsted twill vested SB 10 oz -mohair and wool 10 oz DB -fresco 10 oz SB and a 10 oz dupioni DB in the works.
Thurston makes braces from barathea, boxcloth and a jacquard that uses nylon. They only do silk by special order, with a minimum of a couple hundred pieces so it's not seen very often. Which is ok as it doesn't wear very well.
Summer shoes should be unlined, for one thing, as that wears cooler. Unlined suede wears cooler than leather, which is why desert boots are not as willy as they may appear at first glance. But loafers are the most prevalent. Avoid cordovan as the same water resistant properties that make it a good choice for rainy season limit its usefulness in hot weather. Same with boat shoes if you're not boating. They look good with sumemr clothes but they are not cool wearing.
Mine may get as much wear in two weeks in Manhattan as it does in San Francisco all year. But the DJ is still the majority dress for opera and symphony openings and NYE.
Not a thing. Best with flat silk laces though. A pair is about $30 from Cleverley in London.