or Connect

Posts by Will

Traditionally, straw hat season ran May 15 until either Labor day a week after depending on who you were talking to.
Traditionally, your waist should be covered by a vest, double breasted jacket or a cummerbund whether you wear braces or not. If you wear a cummerbund it should match your tie and jacket lapels. Finally, either black or white braces are fine with black tie. And since the white ones appeared on James Bond they greatly outsell the black.
I am surprised that anyone recognizes a morning suit in the first place. But if they do, just look sad and tell them you are going to a funeral.
A Suitable Wardrobehttp://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/easyfittingchukkaboot.aspx
I don't think the rest of the line is available any longer but ASW continues to offer the Sloop in three colors, with a spectator version arriving around the end of this month.
Sized bows are only necessary with a wing collared shirt where the buckle on an adjustable tie would be visible. If you are planning to wear a wing, better to have a sized bow, even through it doesn't match. Or you could call Charvet in Paris and telephone order a sized satin bow. They stocked them last time I looked.
KHL prices are middle of the road by comparison to other Row tailors. Bespoke starts at £2500 (approximately $3,858) including VAT.
You can be comfortable in much heavier trousers than jackets and over time I have moved to pants that weigh more than my odd jackets as they drape better.13 ounce gabardine, for example, is fine in all but the hottest weather. 16 ounce flannel is good up to 65 degrees. Etc.
Wear 'em with chinos and a polo or sockless with shorts.