or Connect

Posts by robetrw006

Really? I was under the impression(from an earlier post) that it could be lengthened to a certain extent. I always knew you couldn't ask them to put on inches, but I though perhaps as much as an inch could be added
This is not what I was going for. I was going for something that is relatively standard with a slightly slim cut. I'm ignorant on many of the aspects of tailoring, but I'm not stupid; I realize only the gym will make me look like the above photo.   While I appreciate the recommendations on my next suit, my biggest concern now is to try and tailor this one as best as I can to give myself a look I'm more satisfying with. I only have about 3 weeks left in HK(plenty of...
Ok, no one can seem to agree. The idea that there is too much fabric in the thighs(as can be seen in the shot of my back) was consensus until now. What makes you say "too tight?" It seems the complete opposite of what everyone else thinks.   You also mention the coat is irretrievably short. The look I'm going for is not a 80s [laughably oversized] power suit. I'm looking for something conservative with a bit of a slim cut to it. Its why I didn't ask for a full blown...
Is this the fella who runs the blog? I recognize him from an Armoury video on shoes! (I hope it is ok to repost his photo!)   In the photo below, he manages to have a very streamlined jacket, complete with what looks to be quite a lot of waist suppression, and you mention he is "relatively big." The smoothness of his silhouette(particularly in his chest-stomach-hip region) is exactly what I am going for, and exactly what I feel I don't have. I feel like someone...
An expensive trail and error.   I like to think all is not lost. It still looks better than the untailored RTW suit I wore prior to this. And considering I don't live in NYC, LA, or Chicago, I believe I will still look better suited than 95% of other American suit wearers, or at least that's what I like to think.   I had read good things about Empire, I believe I even read a positive review of them in this forum. As said earlier, hindsight being 20/20, I wish I...
No national suit cut I'm aware of either, I've just read recent articles published from reputable sources that say the traditional American business suit is a single vent suit. I've also read this has been the standard for a long time and the double vent suits have come into fashion in the past few years.   If you believe this will help with the fit of the suit and is more suitable for my body type, then I'm all ears. I would like to hear the reasoning behind it being...
Here are some photos I took of the trousers. These are the closest to dress shoes I have. Unfortunately, they'll have to do for further judging of the suit/trousers.   One more thing I thought of when taking these photos. If I take in the pants, thus making them look more slim, won't that make me look even more top heavy? That is one of the main concerns I have with the suit; I look top heavy. I'm afraid further tailoring to the pants to make them slimmer fitting...
Can all of this be done to this suit? As mentioned earlier, I don't know much about the construction of jackets. I know there's only so much you can do to "let out/relax." I'm particularly concerned about this when it comes to the jacket length and lapel size. Will there be enough fabric to work with so they can do those two things?   I was also contemplating a lower button stance; what do you think, half an inch lower? 3/4, maybe?   As for the vent, I will probably leave...
Ok, so it sounds like I should certainly ask for the thigh area of the pants to be taken in, but that sounds like the only consensus. Some say more waist suppression, some says less. my question to those of you who say the waist is tight is this: If i ask them to let the waist out, wouldn't that risk the possibility of making the jacket look more... burlap sack-y? I know I don't have the perfect canvass for a suit(aka a thin frame), but I would like to try and give the...
The below image is what I feel the problems are(for all of you visual thinkers out there, myself included). I feel like the jacket was cut to hang straight down and the green area was taken in slightly to give it a "waist." I feel like the suit may have better lines if the jacket is taken at the area pointed out by the red arrows. Is this a huge blunder? Am I way off base? I hate to seem so ignorant on the subject, but unfortunately I had already exercised all my...