or Connect

Posts by robetrw006

Excellent looking suit! While it is certainly on the very slim side, I wouldn't judge it as too slim for work. Of course, it depends on your work environment.   The package you got is actually the same one I got, only I paid for the middle price point. I chose the middle price point and when my friend and I mentioned we were university students Nick (I believe it was Nick, anyway. The slimmer of the two) said he would bump up the fabric quality for us for free! This...
    So what constitutes "wearable?" Lengthen the jacket? Alter the pants? I know there is a whole list of things to do differently next time, and I am certainly taking them into consideration, but my main area of concern (as it has been throughout the entire thread) is what do I need to do to THIS suit to improve it? I'm not talking about a theoretical suit I will have made in the future; I'm talking about what should I ask the tailor for when I take THIS suit into the...
    Again, I'm getting mixed reviews on the suit. I would like to have the jacket lengthened. TBH, I never envisioned the jacket being that short, even in the earliest stages of the suit. I guess I never mentioned anything about the length because I was so distracted/unsatisfied with the chest and waist area of the jacket that I paid no attention to jacket length and the trousers: my mistake.   Here is my question to the forum, particularly kulata and hymo: if I get the...
      Haha, well, I expected more from a man on a gentleman's forum. I guess I expected too much. I would appreciate it if you took your ad hominem attacks to another thread.     To those who were patient with this self-admitted greenhorn, thank you for your suggestions and advice.         Thank you for the recommendations. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, tone, and lack of criticism. I will definitely keep this in mind for my next go around the tailor...
    1) Not difficult to grasp. Hard to decipher because there is no clear point and frankly, I don't believe this is a topic that requires windy answers that require deciphering.   2) No, I never expected everyone to agree, I just expected people to have enough knowledge to understand what I'm aiming for. I especially expect people to stop saying "you can't get the suit you want with your body type" after I've repeatedly said I understand that no suit, no matter the...
    You mention I haven't learned anything, but I don't see anything on your list that I haven't already mentioned except for the idea that you don't always get what you pay for, which is something that goes against what others in this thread have suggested, just like much of the other suggestions. Some say take it in, others say relax it. Its hard to learn when everyone seems to have a different opinion.   My foremost goal here was to get suggestions on this suit in...
    Yes, you're right. I'm completely new to this. First trip to the tailor and first time owning bespoke. I am the first to admit I have no well rounded idea of anything beyond the most basic concepts of tailoring, and I really mean basic. I was honestly hoping the tailor would provide a little better feedback and help me through the process a little more than they did.   At this point I think I may just leave the whole thing alone. Conflicting opinions and the recurring...
I have proper dress shoes at home(in the states), but not here in HK.
    I'm not tailor, but perhaps the waistline(in the rear) of my trousers is too low/too much fabric makes the pants droop in the back. Perhaps this can be fixed by pulling my pants higher in the back as seen in figure A and figure B(not a long term solution). Again, I'm not a tailor, but perhaps taking fabric from figure C area would help lift the pants?    
  No, its not that I feel there is no shape, its that I feel the shape isn't right. The first photo below is what I believe is the best looking silhouette. It also graphically shows the "flow" of the outline I mentioned a few times before. The second photo is my suit jacket with what I see the silhouette being. This photo representation of my jacket silhouette is the thing I've been trying to address this whole time. Perhaps I should have just gotten into MS paint at the...