or Connect

Posts by Zamb

Yes, except it isnt only Forever etc that knock off, we have a TON OF HIGH END , even artisanal brands that are knocking off stuff almost line for line and gets a past by many people who would bash H&M.I think there are people who genuinely care about making a really good product and there are others woh are just concerned with making the most money they can.Its a delicate balancing act, because one has to have integrity and believe in a way of working to get great...
Yes and new blood not coming in because the culture and society that made great artisans is now dead.I also think that a lot of customers seem to not give a sheeet about the level of work that goes into making good products and so the balk at the prices and many designers are forced to cut corners or find cheaper means of production to get the work done.I think this may be one of the reasons why Ann Walked away (just my speculation) as she could no longer stand behind the...
there are a ton of reasons, they are not simple and some are often spoken of while others are not considered.......... too tired now but i will get into a few in the morning when my brain is coherent.........
Not at liberty to speak on it, as I have my own affairsbut there is a CCP collection in the works.......
Nah................I am assuming the fit was for a specific Body type (maybe Carol himself)but the pattern making was spectacular. Many of the concepts Carol Worked on could not be executed without an exceptionally skilled pattern maker.....
Indeedbut on working there for many years its logical to conclude that they share similar philosophies in terms of cut, fit and detailing.the two possibilities that exist is1. a designer who worked many years for another designer, might decide to establish them self by doing something radically different from one their former employer is known for (see Antonio Berardi and John Galliano)2. The designer might be committed to the philosophy and as such  continue in the same...
  How do you make this assessment, seeing that Deepti was the pattern maker at CCP for many many years and the output from Carol's last several collections was with deepti also involved in the process? 
Newp,  As I said in my original post, I am not interested in a public back and forth because there is nothing good that can come from it more than waste of time.you are an anonymous person behind a screen name and you can feel free to post whatever statements you feel like posting.I am a public person with a brand associated with my name and thousands of customers who expect me to keep their transactions and emails between myself and them private, even if an issue...
While I hardly do post here, I am a member of this forum and read here occasionally.I think you might have a legitimate case to be made about your issue with the lengthy delay. I spoke to you earlier today and as far as I am concerned the issue is resolved with your item arriving in the next two business days. I do not  always deal with shipping and yes sometimes in transition things get mixed up but other than delays sometimes in delivery which i admit happens, we scam no...
For this FW16, there are three variations of the Soft J that will be avaiable1. Overlocked soft j  JEANS in a 12 oz denim OD in grey and black.2.  Overlocked soft j JEANS in Moleskin Cotton grey and black3. Overlocked Soft J PANTS, that is a Combination of three different vintage linens that is very interesting.I cannot say that that fabric/ combo will never be again, but the pattern was updated with some slight changes so even in using that fabric again that you have in...