or Connect

Posts by Gav

I'm 6ft which for me is the perfect height.
Brit car.... Vauxhall Vectra SRI... I love it...
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda Oops nevermind -- just read the OP and I see that you're Irish. So... if being 1/2 Italian makes me a gangster of some sort, then are you a belligerent drunk? Just kidding of course, as I'm sure you were. No I'm Scottish from Irish ancestry, but, belligerent drunk fit's the bill... Hic!
Oh, a cool song about your culture and ancestry... The words at the start are a great answer as to why we should be proud of our heritage... One Giant Leap - My Culture http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiwW7E800hk Class song, i doubt you've heard of it over the pond.
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda No no I mean my dad isn't German -- he's only half German, and the other half Irish, so I'm 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish, and half Italian. And if we were to extrapolate it further, we'd see that I'm also 1/8 Norwegian, 1/8 Flemish, 1/16th Korean and 1/16th Japanese. Although you couldn't tell by looking at me. That post was for the sake of the discussion mate, i know your dad's not German. What i mean...
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda I get that a lot! Maybe in a past life I was... I'm 1/2 Italian, 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish (Mother's Italian, father's half German, half Irish). I love the way Americans look at this, a quarter this and a quarter that. From my viewpoint if your Mum is Italian(From birth) and, for sake of argument your Dad is German(Again from birth) then you are half Italian and half German, that's it. For me it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC I've always thought tracing American "ancestry" back in this day and age a bit contrived. Okay, so chances are that someone you never met or who died when you were 2 years old moved to the U.S. in the early 19th century. How does that have an affect on how you live your life now or what you would identify as? It's something that you should be "proud" of or make an associate claim to? To me it just seems like a...
I did something similar, just a different job(Welder) However... I had mentioned in the first place when I started my new job that I have applied at other firms and might leave sometime soon. And I did. Best being upfront and honest about it, then it won't be such a shock if you move on. Still this came out of the blue so i say take a deep breath and take the better job, look after number one mate...
2 secs