or Connect

Posts by Schnurretiger

Might be, but the zipper keeps unwanted hands out of the bag and you're able to fit a laptop-computer into it. AFAIK the opening of the field bag is too small for that.
That wasn't meant to be rude, but a clarification.Thank you, this is the kind of answer I had been looking for. It's finally something to work with, as most other answers you can find on the web only deal with traction in snow and ice.
Did they get rid of the small carry on? I thought that was the superior bag to the medium field bag they still have, as it comes with a zipper for added protection!
I didn't ask about color options.I've got some resoled harness boots with a leather section in the middle and they have been fine for the past 10 years, even in the wettest and muddiest of weather conditions. No rot or anything, if taken care of properly. Any input on traction of the Blacksmith on gravel or wet rocks?
I'm considering getting some RWs as my next boot, but I'm not sure which is best for my needs. Thinking about either the Blacksmith or the Beckman. What I'm not sure about is the sole: I'll be wearing the boots mostly around town, but also quite frequently on gravel, sandy paths, grass and muddy roads. Would this favor the Beckman boot?
Hi, a big request to the Filson Medium Duffle and Pullman-owners: could you take a picture of all the clothes and stuff you are able to pack into the bags and post it here? A kind of packing list would be great, too, just to get a better idea of how many days worth of clothes fit into the bags. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the answers, yes, taking off the shoulder strap seems to be a sound thing to do... Still not 100% convinced, but will have a go at the Filsons...
Hi, any experiences with Filson bags (Pullman or large Duffle) as check-in luggage? I'm somewhat concerned about the straps tearing off once the bag hits the transportation system behind the scenes...
If you bought the Floto after all, maybe you would care to post some pics?
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Masturbation. But beware: too much can cause blindness!