or Connect

Posts by cwmi

JRosenthal,  You are probably correct.  This will be my fourth pair of White's and I've come to see they all have a uniqueness some might call them flaws others it's just a part of owning something hand made.  I've been lucky on my other pairs it's mostly just some uneven stitching that I have found.  Now some of the things I've seen posted here are legitimate things that should have never made it out of the shop though. 
 Seeing all these QC issues is really making me nervous.  I just ordered a pair through Kyle , hoping to get one last pair from White's before we see dramatic changes from the selling of the company. Well I guess I will see in 6-8 weeks.    Here is the build up : 6" tall Smoke Jumper on a 461 last Upper shaft and toe vamp: distressed smooth medallion toe cap, heel counter and backstay : #8 burgundy CXL standard "cuban" heel, standard height antique...
 I like it...minus the soft toe.
 Thanks !  It was tough trying to understand exactly what my wife was looking for and then relaying it to Kyle.  I was nervous how they would turn out and if she would like them.  I don't really know, it's their 795 last with a pointed toe.  Now seeing distressed brown in person, I think I want a pair of SD's in them.
These came in today after a 6 week wait. The wife is ecstatic over them. I think they turned out awesome...I really like the distressed brown leather. Sorry about the crappy cell pictures. Just to be sure, these are the wife's boots.
My brown dress SD's finally made it out of the office. I wore them the majority of the time this past weekend in northern Michigan.
Ricky,  That is a great looking pair of boots.
 Great pictures !
  Thanks, and it is tempting to look into them, I will keep them in mind.   I work in a business casual environment and can pull off the White's here , don't think I could pull off the Viberg's though. As far as the arch support, I can only speak for myself.  Flat feet and no support equals achy calves and sore back.  Flat feet with support makes me  happy.
 I'm usually around a 10.5 , 11 and I think I'd end up divorced if another pair of boots showed up.  I've recently gotten into bourbons and a steady flow of bottles have been coming in so I don't want to push my luck ! LOL