or Connect

Posts by cerneabbas

I have always associated Farah with frogs mouth pockets ( although they also do  slant pockets on some styles),I think that Farah have "updated" their cut on some styles,no doubt to take into account the increase in peoples size.I also like heavy wool trousers in the colder weather,they hang better IMO.
I have always wanted wool trousers,but the last couple of pairs of light weight wool summer trousers I have bought don't look right when I am walking the material sort of rests against my shin,I like the way that Farah trousers hang, maybe the material is heavier ? I am going to give them a try. Pringle,I think that I paid £80 for mine in the 80s,not sure how much my Jaeger was ( I know that I thought it was expensive then ),looking yesterday Pringles were £180-£220,I know...
That's the same as I feel,I would still wear a Pringle or Aquascutum v neck  though,but now I would prefer grey with black and white geometric designs,contrast that to the Jaeger in emerald green with red,white navy and gold zig zag stripes that I wore in the early 80s or the royal blue Pringle with white and navy diamonds,not now I want something more subtle. I also wore a roll neck ( Pringle) under a Ma1,quite slim leg Lee,and brown suede Adidas trainers,about 1980 ?. I...
Casuals...does any of the clothing worn over the years fit into the look ?. I watched The Firm ( 2009 version) for the first time on youtube this week,I don't want to critique the film but I think that ( some) of the clothes and style are worth talking about.   For me there was too much of the full tracksuit,and trainers look,but there was quite a bit more,the Pringle ( or suitably expensive alternative) over polo shirt or roll neck worn with cords or jeans and...
Well the socks arrived today,the sun has been here for a few days,but sourcing navy blue bermudas in a decent material is proving more difficult ( maybe just as well ). BTW,what does Broadcloth mean when it describes shirt material ?.
After looking at a lot of half brogues oxford and derby,I think that the oxfords look better in that style,I have a pair of Barker Alfreds and they look good with smart trousers,got to say I wouldn't wear oxfords with jeans or cords,generally I prefer derbies.Google Bermuda shorts and look at the images,just proves that you can intergrate shorts into a smart look.
Botolph.I have had a look at the  Kamakura wesite,some seriously good looking shirts on there,I was impressed with the BD linen shirts too ( they also had linen cutaway collars ) and the knitted BDs in polo shirt material,I thought that they would make a change from my long sleeve polo shirts in cooler weather. The only negative point for me would be what import duty I would be charged in the UK,I know from reading on non-style related sites that people do get charged on...
Mr Knightley.I think that you mentioned versatility in one post ( that I cant find ). I have been considering the idea of less clothes / better quality,and versatile items would seem to be a key factor ( IMO). Many years ago I had a Chambray button down shirt,and I am now looking for another one,on a warm day you can wear it on its own with cords or jeans with casual shoes or even trainers, or perhaps navy blue trousers and smarter shoes,if its cooler you could wear it...
Yes I agree some people will just jump on the bandwagon and wear anything that is "in fashion",I don't think that they even have to like it themselves !. I think that this summer we will be seeing the slim jeans with turn ups just under the knee,another ugly trend IMO. A few pages back I suggested the Royal navy tropical look, shorts and knee length socks,little did I realise that this is the inspiration for Bermuda shorts and the long socks worn with them,I think that's...
I have heard of these professional fashion consultants who shop for and dress people,incredible but I suppose some people haven't got time or don't like to shop,or just haven't got a clue?. Some years ago before I ditched the TV,there was a programme called Trinny and Susannah,two women who remodelled people clothes wise in half an hour,the "victims" came across as not having a clue about style,the experts would tell them things like this suit makes your short fat body...