or Connect

Posts by cerneabbas

I like the tie Mr Knightley, I tried a knitted tie but couldn't tie a decent knot in it. TK Maxx is a good place to find bargains or/and unusual items,other people seem to find things..but I cant wait to get out when I am in there,I haven't got the patience to sort through the dross to find anything decent ( my loss).
Summer sales. I bought a pair of Armani J21 navy gabardine ( I would call them cotton ) jeans that I didn't want to pay full price for but that I liked. I do like the J21 they have a reasonable rise for  modern jeans and a nice shape,perhaps they are Armanis 'old bloke' model.   I had a look at the John Lewis sale  and I saw the John Lewis tan brogue boot Made in England ( I am guessing by Barker ) I was impressed with these boots when I saw them at full price but they...
Sorting out the collar roll can only be a good thing....but (imo) just as important is where the next button down from top is positioned, to low and the collar will 'gape' open when worn without a tie...that's unless you have the top button done up which I never do.Looking at the pictures of the BB shirts I think that the button in question is to low, I also prefer an OCBD to have a chest pocket, at the end of the day though its all personal preference.Most of my BDs have...
I am a size 10,but thanks anyway.
You are right they wont be so cheap after adding on the tax,about £30 ( ish ) and you will find cheaper Loakes but the AE will be better quality,if you want Loakes of similar quality they will be in the 1880 range and importing some AE will still be cheaper.
There is probably a size comparison somewhere online ( I cant find it though) which can tell you that if you take a size 10 in a Loake Royal then you will take a size ? in the Allen Edmonds Macneill...or you can try the Macneill on in the Paris shop..either way once you know your size you can order from the USA,even with shipping it will be cheaper. I  remember last year we saw Alden shoes in Liberty,I should have tried some on..I think that some of the shoes in Brooks...
I would like to find a shop selling AE shoes and try a few pairs on,once I knew my size I would definitely buy a pair of Leeds and have them sent here,the price in the USA seems much cheaper than buying Loake in the UK even after adding on postage.
The shoes I bought are similar in style to the AE ( obviously not anywhere near the quality) the Loake is a bit sleeker,as I said I don't know if its worth paying much for a suede shoe,if I did I would go for the Loake as AE are difficult to find here and having several pairs of Loakes I find that a size 10 is always a good fit ( so far). I have the AE Leeds on my list for a plain derby but again it is finding them here,Reiss have them in Cordovan for about £500,nice but I...
Recently I realised that I lack a lighter weight shoe for the summer,I have boat shoes that I don't really like otherwise its trainers,I wanted something else but didn't have any real idea of what to look at, I have never liked desert boots. I have been looking for a plain brown derby for a long time now and haven't found anything that isn't either to expensive,to country or is available in UK. Last weekend whilst looking online at plain derbies I noticed some suede...
I have been thinking the same about dark polos fading and it seems to be getting worse ( definitely with the FP made in China ones).I am pretty careful,turning them inside out,hand washing at a low temperature using handwash powder,but I think now that its a fact of life that lighter colours will last longer.   I agree about the Sunspel Riviera,I don't like pockets on polo shirts,you can get plain Sunspel polos (without pockets ) in pique or jersey knit,long and short...