or Connect

Posts by cerneabbas

Belts..now I will admit to being a bit obsessive about matching belts to shoes,its ok with black,a black trouser belt and a black jeans belt and that's it. Every time I buy a pair of brown shoes however it then involves a search for 2 belts to match them. I bought a pair of cherry grain Barker brogues in the sales and they are yet another shade of brown to my other shoes/ belts..so looking around I noticed that Barker make belts to match their shoes ( trouser belts not...
I think that you made a good choice by not wearing the BD Mr Knightley.Although I think that the BD would look great with your blazer,POW trousers and  your Florsheim longwings,it would have been to retro (IMO),and yet how many people would think that now ?,I think that 99.9% of the population would only think of Dr Martens as skinhead footwear,maybe I have got a bit to sensitive on this subject.On the other hand I came face to face with a middle aged ( being kind here)...
I have been thinking about this picture a lot this week.Although not really breaking my 'only 2 skinhead items at the same time' rule,I think that it is a bit to 'skinhead' for me.I reckon that the Harrington and plain BD would be ok if the Harrington didn't have the tartan lining showing,its just to much for me,a check BD would be much to much,all IMO as usual.
After Clouseau posted the picture of his Brutus shirt I spent some time looking for a plain Brutus online. I found that they make an OCBD ( plain and striped ),I thought that it looked good (of course it seems to be out of stock everywhere). I don't remember a Brutus OCBD 'back in the day',they were popular for their bright checks / tartans,and I remember them in bright red and also black,I would say they were more popular with younger teenagers here.
I also saw a couple of nice BD shirts today,Gant Diamond G. The logo was a 'G' but tonal with the shirt,I had to put my glasses on to see it ( that doesn't mean a lot though). Only long sleeves but regular or fitted and in OCBD or a lighter weight cotton,the OCBD had pockets the lightweights didn't. The website shows pink,white and light blue,but I saw a yellow one in the lightweight cotton that reminded me of an Arnold Palmer that I had 'back in the day'. I notice...
Thanks Clouseau, I find that picture brilliant,such a simple look.
Although we are inspired / influenced by the 60s / early 70s Look,there must be thousands more out there who feel the same but will never find this thread,so in a very small way 'The Look' does go on imo.I always think that I am influenced by the Suedehead period,but those days are gone and we have to 'move the Look on',each of us does that in their own way,so it has become 'the Look' as we see it not a uniform look that could be identified by others.There are 3 pictures...
Have a look online,they have a much bigger selection than they have in the shops,they deliver to the shop free of charge...but anyway you will see a picture online.
Maybe not dark enough but M&S do an 'Indigo' button down in their Formal shirts for £25.
I have found the last weeks postings interesting,looking at Mr Knightleys picture with herringbone jacket,cords and suede shoes and M-o-M check jacket with v neck and tartan tie I realise that its more than colours,its patterns ( checks,paisley etc ) and textures ( if that's the right word for corduroy and suede and tweed).   I am a bit odd ( and I admit it ) in that I feel one pattern or texture or bright colour is enough at any time,that Pitti Uono just has to much...