or Connect

Posts by cerneabbas

The one I bought is true to size,its a regular,but as Botolph said they have lots of different fits....I bet the made in China are different to the made in India.
On my list of clothes to look at next time I am in London,and their trousers.
Not the 'dusky pink' or 'rose' this one is quite like the Ben Shermans from the the early 70s....mind you thats from memory I expect if you put the 2 side by side they would be quite different.
Yes I saw them too and would have bought one except the logo put me off,so I bought the logo free Lands End which was much cheaper. I much prefer shirts or other clothes without logos,quite a few times the logo has made me not buy an item.
Reading about Gant they must have been really good in the 50s / 60s, so it says they were the first BDs to have a button on the back of the collar and a locker loop,all the details that were so important to us in 70/71 but I hadnt heard of Gant until a few years ago....imagine if the internet had been available back then !Yes the ones with the tonal G are the Diamond G,available here for £80 ! the one that I bought is a Gant Academic ( ahem) and they are also £80,I got...
double post
Gant BDs. I have been looking for a Pink BD for a while,I noticed that Gant had some,most with a nasty big logo on the chest pocket. I recently saw one on E bay,new with tags and the logo in pink,ok I dont like the logo but I can live with it,being long sleeve it will usually be under a jacket,cardigan or V neck anyway. I bought it and it arrived yesterday and I am quite pleased with it,the Gant shirts that I have seen in the shops here are made in China but this one...
All sounds good,I have worn something similar.....Loake Pimlico brown leather chukka boots,air force blue Farah's,light grey polo,Navy lambswool V neck,I could have worn the Cognac Bass Weejuns instead if I didnt despise them so much...brought 2 threads together nicely there !I probably should have worn a more colourful polo,green or red perhaps,the ones with a shirt type collar. The item that I really need to do a look something like that is a Blazer ( instead of the V...
I think that the important thing with Weejuns is good quality leather uppers and being well made,imo the sole could be thin as I wouldnt want to walk far in them anyway.I am also not a great fan of Loafers,imo they show to much sock ( I know that they are supposed to).Although the top shoe makers make Loafers and they are probably good quality I just couldnt justify paying a lot for Loafers,all down to each individuals personal preference mine is for a heavier lace up and...
I have been thinking more about this post and I have to admit that those coats / jackets were worn over a long period,probably 10 years !My memory is not bad on some things but timescale isnt great,but with the aid of my football match programme collection ( sad bastard that I am ) I can narrow some dates down if I can remember certain clothes being worn at certain games..The Peter Storm jacket that I still have must have been early 90s.The Ma1 that i remember the Chelsea...