or Connect

Posts by kirker

FYI, nearly the entire film is computer generated, considering it was entirely shot in Australia. I think only the smaller, less decadent interior are non-CG.
  FWIW, I always pack Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts while traveling. I also appreciate the fact that they're one of the few American brands of shirts available in a slim (and even extra slim) fit. I'm certainly no skinny hipster, but I have broad shoulders and a moderately slender, gut belly-free torso, so shirts that aren't slim-cut look like crap on me (and add 20 pounds).   BB has two flavors available here: Supima and Egyptian cotton. The Supima line is 3 for $225...
Just curious. I bought one on Kickstarter but I don't think my production window has rolled around just yet. I'm wondering how they actually compare -- both fit and quality-wise -- with the high-end selvedge gear.
Joining in ... you can call me kirker. I'm a law student who was sartorially ruined at a young age by the fact that my father had a closet full of Brionis and various Savile Row bespoke suits. Nowadays I spent undue amounts of time scouring stores (mostly online ones) for the best bargains on fine menswear across the board.   Suitwise, I have four Brionis, an Isaia and a "cheap" Zegna. You can probably guess my favorites. I had a Kiton for a while, but was offered...
OP, let me put it this way: the first suit I ever bought, back in the early days of eBay, was a NWOT Brioni that the seller idiotically priced at $275 Buy It Now. I happened to stumble across the ad 30 minutes after posting and snapped it up immediately. Still have it to this day, even though its three-button look is now out of style (but will surely come back).   Point being: you're not going to find a bargain *that* good on eBay, at least not on Brioni, but that's...
Since when does a Brit use the word "college"? You're attending university. You'd only say "college" if you, say, attended Hertford College at the University of Oxford, but in general parlance outside of university you'd rarely, if ever, use the term.   For that matter, since when are Brits familiar with the American show "Suits"? My troll-dar is going off...