or Connect

Posts by PhilVo

In case anyone is interested in a Donkey sample jacket at a great price: http://www.alexanderleathers.com/sale/donkey-jacket.html Besides, I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with waxing (Cabourn) cotton jackets? I picked up a double breasted jacket from Marrkt about 1.5 years ago, which is made from heavy cotton and very much looks like the jacket below. As I am not 100% happy with it, I was considering to wax it myself to make it ready for the rainier...
The seller knows Nigel personally and also the guys from Superdenim... so he gets further discounts. I am quite jealous I must say :)
I am sure this jacket isn't yours...
I picked up a crazy cameraman from Yoox for 220€ including shipping... :O really excited!!
I was about to buy the TEN C short parka about a year ago, but was so put off by the comments that I didn't... The fabric is incredible, very much like a rough lotus leave and stiff as hell... Love it
The B7 is not comparable to the Coastal Command. The B7 was for the ground crew, whereas the Coastal command is based on the RAF jackets, which were worn by the pilots themselves - those ones re shorter and different in style and fit. Essentially the Coastal Command is a longer RAF jacket with a hood added to itself and pockets being added (which is, however, not in line with the original Coastal Command). Btw, for those who want to avoid buying expensive paint from Aero...
Whats the raincoat looking like? I can only remember the long one with the us army clips from a couple of seasons ago...
WOW, really looks like a revival of the coastal command jacket... I like it a lot. I have it in black myself, amazing jacket, but very difficult to wear. I am somehow much more into AW collections than the SS ones - I am a big fan of wool, leather and all this heavy materials.
I don't know whether you are aware of this, but for the next FW collection Alexander Leathers will be responsible for the production of the leather and sheepskin jackets. Alexander Leathers was established as a spin out of Aero Leather (I think the owners and the manager had some problems with each other in the end). They are both located in Scotland, and Alexander Leather took some of the best sheepskin manufacturers with them. They just informed me that they are offering...