or Connect

Posts by Joel-Henry

@studentmba It means that you will have to read it. There are summaries but they are not sufficient to grasp the fundamental ideas. You can buy the Goal on Amazon. Just mention the author Eliyahu Goldratt to get it immediately.
Have really read the book ? If so, you should reconsider your last statement. Goldratt was a scientist (a physicist) and a philosopher  (with a PhD from University of Bar-Ilan -Tel Aviv).    Just re-read the Introduction of the Goal in full. The first sentence is : "The Goal is about science and education. I believe that these two words have been abused to the extent that their original meanings have been lost in a fog of too much respect and mystery." And further...
@Piobaire Goldratt refers himself to the Socratic way in his book introduction : ..."I have also attempted to show in the book the meaning of education. I sincerely believe that the only way we can learn is through our deductive process. Presenting us with final conclusions is not a way that we learn. At best it is the way that we are trained. That's why I tried to deliver the message contained in the book in the Socratic way. Jonah, in spite of his knowledge of the...
@upward Eliyahu Goldratt (1947-2011) wrote a dozen of books (novels mainly) after The Goal. You can find them on Amazon by typing his name. The main ones are "It's Not Luck" - a sequel to the Goal dealing with Thinking Processes -, "Critical Chain" about Project Management, "Necessary But Not Sufficient"  about Marketing and Sales, "The Choice" about Goldratt's personal philosophy, and "Isn't It Obvious" about Retail. You will find also more than 200 hundred others...
Maybe because my mother tongue is French and my English mainly learnt in business books... My purpose in answering to the first posts was to give free information as almost TOC experts do. We want to spread widely our body of knowledge. That's all. 
Nothing in my post justifies a quote. All of it  is based on my knowledge of the subject, as a certified TOC practioner (FE, FMCP, TPCP) by TOCICO (Theory Of Constraints International Certification Organization).
Over 5 millions people around the world have read The Goal since its 1st edition in 1983. It was considered by Time Magazine (August 2011) as one of the 25 most influential management book of the XXth Century. It's not only a must for students, it's a must  for everybody involved in management. Its author, Eliyahu Goldratt (1947-2011) is the founder of a management approach and philosophy known under the name of Theory of Constraints or TOC. He was not only a...