or Connect

Posts by Hellkamp

This is true. I'm only 5'11" and I need to buy a long jacket on a lot of the newer cuts. I can only imagine how short some jackets would be if I were 6'33"!
Wearing a tie with no jacket + wearing a jacket with no tie. Personally, I wear a jacket with no tie fairly often, but I'm not a big fan of a tie with no jacket. Although I'll occasionally take my jacket off during the day if I'm presenting a particularly engaging or exuberant lesson. (Even when wearing a tie)
Being a high school teacher I rarely wear a suit, but I wear an odd jacket almost every day. That being said, I usually start by deciding which jacket I'm going to wear. Then I choose my pants and a pair of shoes that match. Almost all of my shirts are blue with different hues and patterns so it becomes a little easier to decide a shirt. Lastly I choose my tie. Sometimes I'll even wait until I'm fully dressed before I chose my tie. As an exception, If I decide to wear a...
Hey, no need to get rowdy. I'm not telling you what to do/wear or anything.     I live in Massachusetts and am surrounded by the oldest textile mills in the country. Many of my family and friends are in the textile business and have been for the past few decades. They see firsthand all the nastiness and slew of chemicals that go into the manufacturing and finishing process of synthetic fabric. They also see all the new regulation and changes that are being put in place...
There are a few reasons I prefer natural materials for my clothes. 1: There are studies that show reports of carcinogens in synthetic materials. 2: Natural materials breathe much better than synthetics. You will sweat less and smell better in naturals. Try wearing synthetic socks if you don't believe me (I don't actually recommend this... It's gross) 3: A well made and maintained piece of clothing will last a very long time. That being said, there are not many well made...
I'm 5'11" and 170 with a 31.5" waist. I wear CT 15 1/2, 35" ESF. It's a hair tight in the chest and shoulders and a bit baggy in the waist. It's the best OTR fit I've found so far and at 30 bucks a shirt I'd say well worth it. There is some sligh variation in some of their shirts I've noticed. Collar has always been good but sleeve length and waist are very slightly different on some of the shirts. Some fit slimmer than others in the waist and some sleeves seem to be a...
I'm going to jump on the amazon deal very soon. Im going to go to a random shoe store to get my foot measured and then purchase based on the measurement and ae's website.
Double post.
Thanks for the info guys. I checked out the McTavish and while it's a nice shoe, I don't think I have the confidence to pull those off yet!
The only other oxfords I own are 2 pairs of Rockports in a 10D and they fit well. (Same shoe 1 black 1 brown) Don't judge, I was able to pick them up for $40.00 total for the both of them so I jumped on the opportunity.I'm wondering if I should just order in a 9.5D or stick with what's typical and purchase the 10D.I'm a high school teacher, I rarely wear a suit, but will sometimes wear an odd jacket or a blazer. Typically I wear slacks and dress shirt to work so I'm...