or Connect

Posts by WestwardDrift

I would love the Admral's Peacoat originally teased a year ago. Black, navy, or grey.   The suede Harrington sounds interesting.
You were precient, VinnyMac. The Billy Reid site now says all the charcoal coat sizes are on backorder and lists them as being a 90/10 blend.
My charcoal is thankfully 100% wool. That may change, but since the color's probably just for this year, it may simply sell out once the material is gone, like the chocolate brown version from two years ago. While Skyfall introduced me to the BR peacoat, its look is what appealed to me. I'm really not a fan of the overly large collars many peacoats have. I prefer the smaller collar on the Billy Reid, along with the leather accents. But had TOJ come out with their planned...
The charcoal is 100% wool. The navy and the yet to be released black are 80/20. I just received the charcoal in a size large. I'll have to post my impressions and maybe some pictures soon.
 I'm certainly no expert, but the main issue I see is the cut of the coat. The armholes look much too low. I purchased a cotton peacoat online with similarly low armholes. It rode up if I tried to raise my arms at all. I ended up returning it. Are you finding that an issue?
You and me both.
Thanks. I straddle the line between a large and xl, depending on the brand. At a 41" chest  and ~19ish shoulders I'd probably wear an xl if I wanted to layer anything at all and still breathe. I have a Billy Reid Astor topcoat in xl and it only provides enough room for layering a light to medium sweater.
Sounds good. What is size did you get? I'm 6'4", 190lbs, and would prefer a large for the slimness, but worry that I'll need an xl for arm length. I hope either Billy Reid or East Dane have another sale around Black Friday.
Chrispy650, have you received the coat yet? What size did you get and what are your thoughts on the coat? Does the tag say 100% wool or is it 80/20 like the navy and black versions?
Add me to the list of people wanting the Admiral Peacoat.   I discovered TOJ just after the ordering window for the last peacoat closed and would hate to never get the chance to own one.